The CompanyOur client, located within the Indonesian archipelago of islands, is an upscale resort sanctuary firmly rooted in providing a complete and memorable experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Assumes the responsibilities of the Spa Director in his/her absence.
- Ensures all employees have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Manages supplies and equipment inventories within budget.
- Maintains cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
- Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and managing to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Handles guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focusing on continuous improvement.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizing an “open door” policy and reviewing employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and providing feedback to individuals.
- Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
- Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
- Supports a Spa orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Supervises on-going training initiatives and conducting training when appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensuring employees do the same within the team.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
At least 5 years’ relevant working experience in a managerial capacity - you must come from a resort based spa center and be familiar with luxury products and services
A recognized Spa Professional Qualification
Knowledge of professional spa services, treatments, retail operation and inventory systems and up to date with latest products and treatments
Sales oriented and creative in marketing and promotions
Strong leadership and excellent, verbal, written and customer service skills
Self-motivated and able to motivate, influence and inspire others
Efficient and excellent administrative skills, well organized, and able to multi-task
Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
You must also be well versed in Yoga and be able to conduct intermediate to advance classes