Our client is a world recognised international brand surrounded by the white sands and crystal blue waters of the Indian Ocean.
The resort will come with 11 celebrated dining venues, a world-class lifestyle spa sanctuary, and activities for all generations and spans across three islands with a wealth of luxuries and experiences to discover.
**Remote island luxury resort experience desired**
Assistant Director of Food and Beverage will be responsible for assisting with managing operations of all Food and Beverage outlets to deliver an excellent Guest and Team Members experience. An Assistant Director of Food and Beverage will also be required to manage, train, and develop team members and work within all budgeted guidelines.
The position will assist in overseeing the development and implementation of departmental strategies and ensures the implementation of the brand service and initiatives. To ensure the food and beverage operation meets the customer needs, ensuring team member satisfaction and focusing on growing revenues and maximizing the financial performance of the department:
In addition, the following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
- Oversee the operations of the outlets appointed by the Director of Food & Beverage, VERY hands on; a good leader is there to support the operations whenever needed.
- Assist in preparing and consolidating the yearly budget for the department.
- Assist in preparing the monthly income statement for each outlet and the department as a whole, attend the monthly performance meeting with the Outlet Management.
- Manage the consolidated inventory of Food & Beverage department’s OS&E together with the stewarding department.
- Attend and actively contribute to all relevant Team Members meetings and resort trainings.
- Attend or conduct in the absence of the Director of Food & Beverage daily or weekly Food & Beverage meetings.
- Review and update all departmental operations manuals and service sequence.
- Assist in sourcing the best available products, constantly aim to improve quality, communicate about the products both internally and externally.
- Establish good partnerships with suppliers and involve them in activities that will strengthen working relationships, e.g. invite them to the resort.
- Monitor and constantly improve quality and guest satisfaction with the given tools, Internal Audits Program, FORBES, Customer Satisfaction Survey.
- Assist handling of guest complaints.
- Follow the local and global food & beverage trends.
- Ensure that all managers plan and implement effective training programs in the appointed outlets.
- Be actively involved in the operations of the appointed outlets to ensure regular guest contact.
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the resort dress code, grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Provide a professional and courteous service at all times and ensure that all employees follow the example.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the resort.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage products and services.
The Assistant Director of Food & Beverage is always working towards achieving the hotel’s Food & Beverage performance objectives and maximizing profitability. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Experience as Assistant Director of Food & Beverage or similar role in a high volume, experience in F&B management role within a luxury / 5-star hotel environment.
- Guest focused and passionate in food and beverage service.
- Excellent communication skills, effective management, leadership, organizational and communications skills.
- Commercial F&B acumen skills & knowledge of new F&B trends.
- Ability for strategic and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Committed in developing colleagues and ability in building effective teams
- Business driven and result oriented
- Displays humility, work values and integrity
- Creative with excellent problem-solving skills
- Luxury resort experience preferred
- Comes with a high level of luxury service