Our client with years of experience as the category leader of the largest attractions, tours and activities content in Asia, they are technology pioneers, laying the foundation in a dynamic, global travel industry segment undergoing extraordinary change, designing innovative digital solutions tailor-made for Asia’s unique experience ecosystem.
Overall Purpose of The Job
You will lead the QA and testing practice and help change the organization to incorporate QA into the very conception of projects rather than a concern later in the life-cycle. Moreover, you work closely together with developers to ensure that code is written according to high standards. You influence development in areas such as failure scenarios, taking advantage of dynamic inspection checklists and static code analysis to reduce complexity and avoid common flaws/pitfalls, creating and maintaining an effective set of automated unit tests.
Together with your team, you are the custodian of test automation. You ensure that automation follows the test pyramid across teams and that requirements are written in a testable format. You need to work with business to build their trust in the automation to such levels that UAT/BRT times can be greatly reduced.
• Take ownership of QA throughout the full systems development life cycle, during requirements, development, release and in production
• Lead the QA practice by setting methods/standards across projects that encourage increasing levels of automation
• Defining QA process, quality requirements, review it with stakeholders and business for approval. Create checkpoints for set quantitative parameters to ensure quality
• Set milestones for test delivery, test execution and tracking and track improvement in order to make QA an integral part of development
• Ensure the teams are focused to fully automate by adopting of out of the box ideas and continuous improvement to keep raising the standards
• Manage team to meet QA deliverables timeline
• Managing the full test pyramid with automated testing tools (Unit testing, Integration testing, Performance testing. Load testing and Stress testing, etc.)
• Build code quality and testing standards in liaison with developers, business and relevant stakeholders. Set Quality standards for the teams in various new QA technologies in the industry. This may include finding new strategies for automation testing and day to day work
• Work with development team to ensure that QA is an integral part of development
• Improve strategies for automated quality assertion and build skills within the teams
• Calculate and analyze risks; and plan for risk mitigations and graceful fallbacks to maintain quality
Required Skills and Knowledge
• Exposure to agile development processes
• Fulltime software and mobile App development experience
• Experienced in defining and building quality metrics (results, predictive, derivatives, defects, test tracking, efficiency, effort, effectiveness, coverage, economics, such as defect removal rate, and instrumenting for things like tracking sales conversion funnel)
• Experience on API testing (Swagger, HttpMaster, Postman, Karate DSL, RoboHydra etc)
• Should have created or developed roadmap and strategy for testing with aspect to different testing (Automated Functional, Performance, Stress, Endurance, Security and Database), and tracking issues in tools like Jira.
• High level of intelligence, strong problem solving, conflict resolution and decision-making skills.
• Ability to motivate and lead by example and drive change and a culture of continuous improvement.
• Ability to gain a quick understanding of business needs, new processes and applications.
• Work in a fast-paced Agile environment
• Takes responsibility & accountability to deliver
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize to aggressive deadlines
• Focus on approaches driven by careful considerations of the risks
• Desire to work collaboratively with various stakeholders and teammate
• Driven attitude, focused and strong analytical thinking
Required Work Experience
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Minimum 6 years of QA Lead experience.
• Solid hands-on work experience on Web and mobile applications
• Able to setup from scratch fully automated QA & testing processes, with advanced metrics across diverse teams and platforms, web & mobile (HTML/native)
• Hands on experience with test automation tools (Selenium, Cucumber, Waitr, Appium, Silk, RSpec, Fitnesse)
• Hands-on experience with static code analysis and unit testing
• Expert level in various testing methods – Load, stress, performance, mobile, functional, User Acceptance, TDD, BDD
• Experience of managing or leading small to mid size team
• Ability to guide and review business UAT to ensure coverage is good
• Experience with Confluence and JIRA
• Excellent communication skills; capable of explaining to non-technical managers the implications of various technology-related initiatives/options