Our client is the global market leader in the data benchmarking, analytics and marketplace insights for the global hospitality industry.
- Reports To: Area Director Asia Pacific
- Directly Supervises: 4 Managers in Sales team, divided into Account Management and Business Development
- Indirectly Supervises: 2 Coordinators in supporting roles alongside usually 2-3 interns at any time
This role as part of the extended leadership thatplays a critical part in ensuring the Southeast Asia region continues its sales growth with new and existing clients andpartners. The role works alongside similar roles in North Asia and the Pacific to proactively grow and broaden the dataset andrevenue for the geographic region, reporting into the head of Asia Pacific, the Area Director.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Regional leadership for Sales Team in Southeast Asia
- Drive and be accountable for growth regional sales and incoming data development
- Driving operational and process insights and expertise for the direct team
- Present data with actionable insights across various media
- Plan and budget for future growth in sales, data acquisition, cost and resources for the region
- Build and grow partnerships in the region across Governments and Associations
- Participate in and drive internal projects for future development
Personal/Professional Commitment and Development
- Seeks to continually enhance understanding of products and value proposition
- Keep up to date with market developments in the industry
- Attend training and actively seek to continually enhance understanding of products and value proposition
- Attend marketing events, team meetings, kick off meetings and functions, as required
- Adhere to all processes and policies and maintain customer confidentiality
- Ensure brand and corporate values are evident to the customer at all times
- Understand and adhere to the Mission, Vision and Values
Prior work experience in a customer service, hospitality, or office environment.
An interest in data and business intelligence as an enabler. An understanding of the
hospitality industry, its key stakeholders from finance, revenue management,
development and operations and brands – to wider tourism, Government, associations,
owners and the real estate as a driving force in this industry.
Embrace accountability and foster an open and responsible team culture.
Ability to manage deadlines, organize and prioritize workload and stay focused.
Strong experience with Microsoft Office software applications necessary, good
knowledge of main video conferencing tools and CRM tools and its reporting, along
with strong presentation skills
Build and maintain relationships with existing and a very wide range of new clients.
Ability to react quickly and efficiently to customer issues and deliver solutions.
Experienced client manager with strong sense of service relationship.
Build productive internal and external relationships. Collaborates with others to
achieve objectives and ensure information flow. Ability to work independently and as
part of a team and with geographically spread and with a culturally diverse group of
Adapts to changing work environments, work priorities and organizational needs.
Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment and with
diverse personalities and work styles.
Oral and written fluent English essential, additional Southeast Asian languages a plus.
Challenging the status quo and contributing with an active voice at leadership level for
the future progress of the company.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace while maintaining accuracy.
- Excellent problem solving and research skills.
- Strong and clear communication skills both written and verbal in a multi-cultural
- High attention to detail is required for this role.
- Works under general direction, seeks assistance as needed. Completes work in
accordance with accepted practices. Establishes approaches for completing
assignments. Adjusts to multiple demands and shifting priorities; accepts responsibility
for results of actions.
- Strong level of comfort with numbers and familiarity with data sets.