About the CompanyA leading Global Travel Technology company that is looking to expand their existing Technical Optimisation team in Hong Kong, covering the APAC region.
About the Role
The job holder will manage a team of Consultants and Engineers building trusted and technical relationships with clients to unlock the value of our products in order to maximize customer efficiency, productivity and revenue contribution for high profile/high potential clients in specially assigned regions throughout the globe. Key focus will be OTA and API customers using fares & pricing, search and bookability features/services.
The Technical Optimization Manager will be pivotal in developing and implementing solutions for our Customers at a regional level and will act as a customer advocate, owning responsibility for monitoring performance of assigned customers, aiding realization of commercial goals and share of wallet targets from contracts. The Manager of the Technical Optimization Team will also perform the role of the Consultant in addition to managerial responsibilities and will produce recommendations for changes in workflow or implementation of new products and services to achieve commercial goals.
This is a new and unique opportunity at our company to establish and lead a small technical team within a regional location with the full support from the development teams within Platform Services. The job holder will build strong relationships both internally and externally to ensure the company retains and grows our customer base and provides profitability for both the customer and our company.
This role is for someone who possesses a high level of energy, creativity and flexibility. The ideal candidate will already be a successful consultant or manager looking for their next challenge. When customer needs cannot be resolved by the team or with the central Optimization resources, the Manager and Solutions Consultants will identify and document enhancement requirements for review by Product Management. Main Accountabilities:
- Work collaboratively within the Region and Technical Optimization team to ensure ongoing customer engagements align with key commercial objectives and deliver business value for our company and for our customers via:
- Pre-sales support/consultation
- Post-sales tactical development and implementation support
- Local customer optimization and ongoing business performance reviews
- Consultancy through high priority re-contract/retention activities
- Plan and execute regular engagement with existing key customers to maintain/enhance relationships, making proactive use of our current customer data to offer technical consultancy, product and project support.
- Demonstrate a broad range of technical product knowledge to realize maximum value from our products.
- Analyze and document gaps, including priority assessment and opportunity for re-use.
- Provide solution options and recommendations - develop within the team if possible, or leverage support from the central Search Optimization team. Provide quality assurance and implementation support for solutions developed by the team.
- Align with Sales Pipeline to support documentation and tracking of discovery items for new business initiatives.
- Support usage analysis, revenue target activities and Management reporting.
- Provide support to the Head of Technical Optimization on executive readout sessions
- Working with the Head of the Optimization Team provide input to the organization vision and strategy and help establish and improve organizational process’
- Assess and identify talent and potential and foster these through a broad range of development strategies. Work with employees to define goals and expectations and link them to organization goals and objectives
- Solicits input from team members to set clear and timely goals.
- Offers formal and informal feedback on progress towards goals.
- Recognizes current and potential conflicts and creates appropriate resolution
- Proactively follows-up with team members and solicits input to maintain progress towards goals, solve problems or discuss new ideas/methods.
- Participates in and contributes input for interviewing, coaching, and performance reviews.
- Provides regular updates and communication with team members
- Identifies when/how to escalate issues to manager or other appropriate senior leaders
- Expected to meet with key customers in support of objectives and goals for the region.
- Engages with organizational peers, Sales and Account Management, Product Management, API Support and Commercial Operations.
- Uses insightful judgment, identifies and analyses information to make decisions/recommendations and solve problems.
- Builds relationships, influences positively and leads by example.
- Must be able to travel 20-40% of the time including global travel.
- Educated to diploma / degree level
- 7+ years of experience in a technology-driven organization as a Technical Product Manager, Product Marketing Manager or Business Analyst desirable, with significant time spent as resource manager.
- Excellent analytical skills that include end to end process/systems analysis.
- Dynamic and self-motivated learner, able to attain expert product proficiency and deep technical understanding.
- Demonstrable track record of defining, developing and deploying products and features.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate and present to all levels within the customer organization.
- Excellent relationship building skills with a good understanding of different cultures and how to work with them to deliver results, in a global organization.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to influence cross-functional teams and facilitate conversations that lead to agreed direction.
- Able to think and work strategically and challenge current business functional processes.
- Commercially astute and able to evaluate revenue potential against operational cost.
- Excellent management, planning and prioritization skills.
- Experience within the travel industry is advantageous.