Our client has been in the F&B and entertainment business for over 35 years and is well established in Moscow.
This position will be based on a one year contract with the possibility to extend further and / or convert into full time permanent.
This will be a Head Chef / Executive Chef role for a fine dining Chinese restaurant located in the heart of Moskva City – the new business district in Moscow. Located on the 90th floor, it will have commanding views and provide a world-class dining experience.
This will be a pre-opening role for – Moscow’s premier Chinese fine-dining restaurant, opening end 2021 – 100 seats. Menu and Recipe design skills required for pre-opening – Chinese Haut Cuisine.
- Direct and supervise the preparation and production of all dishes and ensure that they are in compliance with the prescribed recipes and specifications.
- Undertake regular checks on the quality of all food items and recommended improvement when necessary
- Develop a presence in your designated restaurant, meeting and greeting guests.
- Determine the required mise-en-place in each section and check the store requisitions. Sign off on prepared requisitions by subordinates.
- Create the menus and produce recipes for approval. Prepare sample tasting for management when required.
- Review the sale of dishes, suggest, and implement changes to the menu items according to customer’s demand and the availability of seasonal ingredients
- Monitor the proper handling and storage of all produce to keep spoilage to a minimum.
- Inspect and ensure that all operating equipment is maintained in good working conditions and raise repair and maintenance request when necessary.
- Ensure that the workstations are clean and sanitized and the proper safety procedures are always observed by cooks.
- Create and submit weekly staff rosters
- Responsible for recruitment and selection as well development of colleagues within the department.
- Take ownership and accountability for the profitability of the restaurant.
- Prepare recipes of new items for costing and verify cost analysis of each dish.
- Liaise with the Stewarding section to arrange schedule of cleaning and pest control.
- Perform any other related duties as and when assigned.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience of working in a Michelin-starred restaurant (as a Chef de Cuisine / Sous Chef / Head Chef / Executive Chef)
- Over 10 years of F&B experience, independent outlets preferred
- Experience in pre-opening – Fine Dining
- Good knowledge of Chinese cuisine from both Northern and Southern provinces
- Experience in developing haute cuisine menus
- Experience of working abroad
- English - Pre-Intermediate / Intermediate level
- Adaptability and flexibility needed in a changing environment
- Good communication skills, resilient in stressful situations, responsible
- Must be able to be creative, pre-opening menu and recipe design required
- A strong leader and able to work through cross cultural barriers within the team
- Must be able to work hand in hand with owners to achieve the same vision
- Able to connect with customers and provide Public Relations