Our client, as the original travel company for the young, wild and free, they’ve perfected the art of travel for 18-35 year old’s. Over 50 years of heritage, but with a burning desire to stay cutting edge in the youth space. They’re selling a product that genuinely changes people’s lives. 300 trips spanning 6 continents, with the best team in the business, more included experiences, and your transportation is just the start of what you get with them. They also offer more flexibility through 8 ways to travel, 5 ways to stay and endless free time and options. Because they know you only get one life, one shot. So you better make it count.
They are looking for a talented, dynamic and experienced leader to direct, coordinate and manage the company’s sales and marketing activities in Asia. With a proven history in successfully working with and growing B2B trade sales and delivering marketing with a finger firmly on the millennial pulse, you’ll simultaneously be able to excite and lead a vibrant sales team, meet sales targets without breaking a sweat, and understand and implement brand objectives.
· Directly manage and maintain good relationships with a number of large preferred trade partners on a senior stakeholder level.
· B2B trade efforts include: Attending conferences and trade shows, setting sales targets and monitoring progress, annual contract negotiations, establishing co-op sales efforts and ensuring complete follow through.
· Direct, control and motivate a talented sales team and measure their performance against sales targets and company policy.
· Own and manage the Asian budget, with a strong focus on overhead control.
· Develop and execute the annual Sales & Marketing plan, meeting growth targets.
· Drive business development initiatives, looking for new and interesting angles to raise awareness of the brand.
· Develop and oversee all regional marketing activities and campaigns, product launches, promotions and general modern consumer advertising activities.
· Be an absolute brand advocate and team player.
Your supervisory responsibilities:
In this role, you will be the direct report for the Sales Executives, Sales Coordinators and Marketing Managers. You will need to be proficient at the following:
· Interviewing, hiring, coaching and training team members
· Planning, assigning and directing work
· Appraising performance
· Rewarding and disciplining staff
· Addressing complaints and resolving problems
· Maintaining a positive, energetic work environment and inspiring from the top
· A relevant business degree, preferably MBA
· 3+ years experiences in a B2B trade environment, growing and directly managing senior trade relationship
· 3+ years brand management experiences
· 3+ years supervisory experiences
· Outstanding communication ability both written and verbal, to communicate with all levels within an organization
· Excellent leadership, organizational and coaching skills
· Knowledgeable and experienced with modern consumer marketing practices
· Ability to work with a global centralized marketing function and key stakeholders