The CompanyOur client is a well established luxury brand located in the heart of Jakarta. A leader in providing luxury accommodation and service, our client is a well respected market leader.
We are looking for a DOSM entrenched in luxury. Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Sales & Marketing
(DoSM) is responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing and product development programs, both short and long term, targeted towards existing and new markets by performing and directing the day-to-day activities.
He / She will plan, organise, develop and communicate strategies and goals for the team which include Room Sales, Catering Sales and Marketing & Communications.
The DoSM is responsible for driving the teams in developing new accounts, nurturing existing accounts, and implementing sales and marketing strategies.
He / She will work with Corporate Marketing & Brands and Sales & Revenue Performance Teams to create and implement hotel level tactical
sales and marketing plans, analyse current potential market and sales trends and spearhead all activities to increase revenue and market share through added business volume and increased rate for the hotel in all market segments.
- Develop and implement strategic sales & marketing plans and
take effective actions to achieve Room and Catering sales revenue in order
to optimise general business opportunities.
- Develop and manage sales/marketing operating budgets, be in control
of expenses and apply the best possible costs management in his/her
- Develop and recommend product positioning, packaging and pricing
strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Observe and evaluate the market and main competitors, identify
trend and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and
competitive conditions so as to achieve satisfactory market share in
relation to industry and economic trends.
- Establish realistic yet challenging sales targets and measure the
effectiveness of strategies, tactical actions and performances of the
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and
key strategic partners and network business relations to corporate
clients, like airlines, tourist offices, travel / destination management
- Oversee advertising and promotional activities, including print,
online, electronic media, direct mail, etc and guide preparation of
marketing activity reports.
- Direct marketing activities and ensure effective results within
designated budgets. Maintain consistent Brand standards throughout all
products, promotional material and events.
- Direct the effective distribution of product via various channels
and develop effective strategies to maximise yield.
- Meet with key clients, assisting sales team with managing
relationships to negotiate and close deals.
- Represent the hotel at Trade Shows, Sales Calls & Conferences
to promote the hotel and its products whilst seeking new business
- Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales
and areas of proposal client base expansion to evaluate production and
plan for future sustained business.
- Responsible for developing and retain both highly-motivated and
productive teams who are committed to deliver hotel goals.
- Responsible for recruitment of new Associates for the teams.
- Involve in handling disciplinary matters related to teams and takes
appropriate actions to ensure adherence to the code of conduct of
- Conduct performance review of teams and provide feedback on their
- Identify the training needs of the associates and further develop
talents who show greater potential through development plans and coaching.
- Take responsibility for staff retention and adopt appropriate
measures in building highly engaged teams.
- Possess a minimum of 8 -years of Sales experience within the hospitality industry
- Minimum of 2-years of experience as Director of Sales & Marketing in a luxury hotel
- Experience in selling across geographical / industry markets
- Proven track record in generating revenue within a corporate sales function
- Has exposure to developing and formulating department or team revenue goals
- Wide network of contacts in relevant fields
- Minimum Diploma from a recognised hospitality or tertiary institution
- Hands on, driven and self-motivated individual who has keen sense of business acumen
- Possesses high level of integrity, respect for others and strong client focus
- Strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to persuade and obtain “buy-in” from both internal and external stakeholders
- Creative in formulating tactical and strategic sales roadmap for the team
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving abilities
- Results-oriented team player, strong leadership and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to attract, lead and develop sales team in strategic decision making and taking initiative to go beyond what is expected to achieve high performance
- Take responsibilities, engaged and own challenges
- Able to contribute an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere
- Flexibility to incorporate travel, evening and weekend work into their lifestyle
- Strong and experienced in the Japanese corporate and leisure market