Our client’s team is a group of learning, technology, and hospitality experts from around the world with a passion for improving the way employees learn and develop their skills through innovative mobile and speech recognition technology. With their anywhere, anytime learning solutions, they are empowering hospitality associates worldwide to deliver the best service for their guests.
This is a new position in the company and as such, we are looking for somebody that wants to get involved, does not mind rolling their sleeves up and is unbearably passionate about marketing activities and their impact on a developing business. This is not a position for somebody who is looking to slow down, work in a big marketing department in a large blue chip company – the company is still developing into a mature business.
As the Marketing Director you will be responsible for marketing, public relations, internet relations (social) and field marketing strategy for the company’s SaaS products in the hospitality industry. You will be responsible for markets throughout the Asia Pacific region (APAC). You will be responsible for the Company’s public relations function, working closely with the media and media partners. You will be responsible for the budgeting, positioning, key marketing messages, developing marketing materials, development and execution of marketing and PR plans.
The Director shall also be responsible for the company’s external website, creating, updating and maintaining the websites, content, look and feel, including the user experience. You will need to stay abreast of the hospitality industry, its buyers, influencers, industry associations as well as the general marketplace. The position will collaborate closely with the sales teams and the associated Commercial Directors (Country Manager’s) who have additional oversight in their respective Territories.
• Develop marketing strategy and lead generation plans, track progress and make adjustments for changes in the marketplace
• Develop new PR plans to meet the needs of the regional market and its competitive conditions
• Work with the regional sales teams and 3rd party Public Relations company to identify customers who will participate in the company advocacy activities such as case studies, press releases, press coverage, editorial by-lines, videos and podcasts
• Willingness to learn, capable of flourishing in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment
• Effective communication skills, both oral and written
• Entrepreneurial with hands on approach towards business
• Local experience throughout Asia
• Management of remote teams
• Demonstrated success with/in social media
• Branding – Awareness, Credability & Influence
• PR – Activity Levels and demonstrable visibility
• Qualified lead generation and lead scoring
• The quality and depth of sales lead generation
• Minimum of five (5) or more years' experience managing marketing and public relations programs (or teams) for B2B and/or B2B2C and organisations in the SaaS world across APAC.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or any related field from an accredited institution
• Multi or bi-lingual in English with Chinese (Mandarin) as a preferred 2nd language
• Any marketing experience specific to technology in hospitality and/or travel industry would be very advantageous.
• Experience of marketing automation and/or email distribution software
• Working knowledge of web conferencing software (i.e. WebEx or Zoom)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Advanced use of CRM tool sets like Sales Force, Sugar etc.