Our client - a leading & reputable Travel company is looking for a Chief Operation Officer. This strategic role is based in Hong Kong.
- To provide strong leadership and management of Asia’s operations focusing in particular on change initiatives to improve operational efficiency and profitability;
- This role will work with Asia Management and other leaders to ensure compliance with all company’s policies and internal controls, provide direct or indirect management oversight for it’s teams across the region;
- To be responsible for managing operational aspects of a land operator business, and will assist the Sales teams in the rapid and successful growth across Asia;
- Managing Operation, Quotation, Hotel Reservation teams across Asia offices;
- This role will provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure the Asia region has the proper operational controls, delivery capability, administrative and reporting procedures, people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency;
- This role is to provide strong company DNA for the Asia’s business and drive business optimization through implementing end-to-end business processes and drawing upon best practices from within the region, as well as providing strong people leadership for a growing team;
- Key responsibilities include; business operations, reporting & measurement, defining and implementing policy and processes, planning and budgeting, working closely within the company to drive optimal resourcing and revenue strategies for the business, and the partnering with the Sales teams to implement constructive strategies to retain existing business and grow revenue and profitability;
- This role is critical in supporting the Sales team to build a strong Culture within, with a business model and team in place that is able to provide longer term sustainable, profitable growth;
- To perform human resource objective by recruiting, orienting, training, coaching, and disciplining employees within the unit;
- Meeting forecasting cost requirements; preparing an annual budget, reviewing office budget from time to time;
- Accomplishes sales and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Business and/or Masters in Business Administration would be advantageous.
- 15 years of increasingly diverse or complex experience, 10+ years management experience.
- Experience in logistic and/or travel industry is preferred.
- Strong track record in developing and managing organization's operations to meet business objectives and strategies.
- Proven ability to coordinate complicated processes.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and leadership ability.
- Excellent personal leadership and communication skills.
- Leading a high growth, highly demanding 'best people' environment.
- Possesses the ability to work cross-functional, team oriented and collaborative, yet can also provide individual contributor value.
- Deep understanding of a consulting business model; some consulting experience preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of a P&L and the financial complexities of a global travel/land operator industry.
- Proven influence without authority skills; demonstrated ability to negotiate and give feedback upwards and across the organization.
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
- Deep knowledge of backend operational systems and inherent integration complexities.
- Ability to holistically evaluate processes to determine necessity for short-term fixes vs. long- term investments.
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity, credibility, and character.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and adapt across country/cultural boundaries.
- Outstanding people leadership skills – a track record in attracting, developing, coaching, nurturing and retaining talent.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to explore, understand and integrate business processes, financial metrics, and organizational systems and structures.