Our client, a Global Distribution System (GDS), helps traditional and online travel agencies by providing rich content and advanced technology that drives increased revenue, reduces labor and improves efficiency. It distributes travel industry from multiple supplier sources through direct- to-desktop systems, as well as providing e-ticketing and booking products for airlines and travel agencies. It also offers innovative programs benefiting all players in the distribution chain.
The Regional Marketing Manager
defines and manages marketing strategies and integrated marketing programs that
support the organisation’s regional commercial objectives across South East
Asia as well as the specific business objectives of the company’s owned
operations in Singapore, Malaysia and the Philippines. The RMM is also the
guardian of the company’s brand reputation across
- Develop a robust regional marketing plan which delivers against the brand and commercial objectives of the global and APAC organization, to be signed off by the APAC Marketing Director and Managing Director
- Collaborate with general managers to develop country-based marketing plans which deliver against local business goals and targets
- Define and implement a “self-service” marketing process to support our licensed distributors
- Drive marketing campaigns which generate qualified leads to help the sales teams acquire new travel agency customers
- Drive campaigns which demonstrate the value of the company’s new solutions and services and encourage adoption by customers and prospects
- Drive campaigns which help retain existing customers and incentivize them to generate profitable business through the company’s marketing and distribution platforms
- Manage database building, customer profiling and other digital marketing campaigns through our automated marketing platform
- Coordinate focused events with suppliers (airlines and hotels) and travel agency customers to showcase our solutions, generate new business opportunities and help position the company as a thought-leader and innovator
- Generate revenues through the negotiation of sponsorships with industry partners
- Support the delivery of the company events, at a regional and country level, and coordinate the company’s presence at trade shows and industry events. Ensure consistent messaging and design in line with our global vision and brand positioning
- Help coordinate the annual kick-off meeting to set the objectives and priorities for the commercial and supporting teams
- Nurture partnerships with regional trade media to maximize the positive exposure for the company
- Track and adjust plans throughout the year to ensure delivery against agreed marketing, commercial and budgetary goals
- Maintain regular communications with the commercial stakeholder teams to keep them updated on local marketing programs and results, and where and how to access marketing and sales resources
- Oversee invoicing, payments, accruals and budget control. Report on the effectiveness of marketing programs in terms of inquiries, leads, market share and revenues generated.
- Ensure all marketing activities – digital campaigns, trade shows, customer workshops – conform to the company brand guidelines and champion brand adherence with commercial colleagues
- 10 years’ experience as a marketing manager
- Professionally trained Marketer with the experience and confidence to drive the marketing agenda and agreed initiatives in collaboration with the commercial stakeholders
- Experience gained in a multi regional organization, used to working in a complex matrix organization.
- Track record of working across diverse cultures and an ability to deliver through dispersed organization
- Experience in the B2B sector preferred, particularly in the development of effective customer retention programmes.
- Highly analytical – able to use data intelligently to shape future marketing strategy
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Confidence to act independently to make decisions and solve problems within overall guidelines
- Knowledge/experience of the travel industry would be a distinct advantage.
- Asian language skills are an advantage.