About the Company
Our client is a global IT solutions provider that operates in 195 countries with a worldwide team of more than 11,000 people. A listed company that provides the technology which keeps the travel sector moving - from initial search to making a booking, from pricing to ticketing, from managing reservations to managing check-in and departure processes.
It is the strong commitment that they believe will enable them to continue working with their customers and partners to shape the future of travel.
About the Role
· Define, position, own, continuously improve and communicate the key account/regional strategy and vision to Account Managers, Senior Account Managers, Top Management and the Account Management community
· Ensure the vision's alignment with the Airline IT & Distribution business units and with the Corporate vision
· Ensure alignment of customer needs with Airline IT & Distribution business units' objectives and approve acquisition, development and retention strategic plans
· Drive elaboration of Account Development Plans and ensure update, delivery and implementation, meet agreed timing and standards
· Build and maintain strong customer relationships to ensure key account or regional customers satisfaction & retention
· Facilitate and foster this relationship to maximise information flow, influencing, lobbying and customer's satisfaction
· Advocate customer voice into the organisation to ensure the best service to customer
· Escalate customer issues & ensure timely & satisfactory resolution
· Oversee quality of product delivery and service delivery to customers
· Define, select, and monitor the implementation of the level of service appropriate for each customer while retaining profitability, approve corrective actions
· Establish a strategic partnership/cooperation with key customers
· Be accountable for customer P&L, profitability, sales pipeline and bespoke development forecast, and propose annual budget (IT & Distribution)
· Identify & develop new business opportunities while maintaining or increasing revenue and profitability
· Identify customer product and services requirements and give recommendations to company product departments regarding products and pricing policies
· Approve the sale of new & additional products & services to customers
· Sign off on pricing & contracts
· Approve proposals, response to RFPs, delivery plans proposed by the business units
· Represent Amadeus' interests within the customer organisation
· Oversee the Account Development Plan process and make sure that these plans are agreed with Distribution and Airline IT business units, & relevant parts with the Customers
· Monitor, analyse & report on customer's business & strategy to the customer (trend analysis/observation) & internally in regular business reviews
· Ensure that CRM information is updated at all times
· Oversee several cross-functional groups of global company staff in the delivery of products and services
· Propose cross departmental initiatives
· Foster and actively maintain a culture of knowledge sharing within the company commercial organisation
· Promote regional sales and marketing Best Practices through the corporate Best Practices Programme
· Actively promote team's sharing of account information within the extended Account Management team and with other stakeholders
· Sponsor and occasionally contribute to the Airline Knowledge Community
· Share experiences and lessons learnt (through forums, calls, communities, etc) with the entire company commercial community
· Ensure adoption and implementation of the key account/regional vision and strategy at all levels of the organisation
· Set objectives and monitor performance of Account Manager team
· Set account related objectives and monitor performance for Extended Account Teams, in collaboration with Senior Manager when applicable
· Identify, recruit, manage and motivate Senior Account Managers as needed
· Set up a continuous improvement process for measuring and improving staff performance, satisfaction and skills (via targeted training) throughout the key a/regional team
- University degree in Business Administration, International Business, Management, Economics or related field; an MBA is considered an advantage. This requirement can be waived in exceptional cases.
- Minimum 10 years of proven managerial experience in a similar position in an international environment or multinational company.
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Fluent in P&L analysis and basic financial modelling skills.
- Initiative, results oriented and with the ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Attention to detail
- Good project management skills.
- Good team player; candidate must have the ability to create and foster good working relationships with internal departments.
- Good written and oral presentations skills