You will oversee the pre-opening activities and to facilitate the successful openings aligned with the compliance standards and growth targets.
You will manage the relationships with the owners and management staff to optimize relationships and ensure compliance brand with quality and operational standards.
You will provide leadership for the operations leaders with a focus on developing, communicating, and implementing the priorities in alignment priorities and winning metric targets.
You will lead the pre-opening team with key stakeholders and ensure the systems and processes are embedded
and tracked to open hotels on brand, on time, and on budget with strategic ramp up plan in place.
- Responsible for the coordination and execution of the pre-opening activities through the pre and post opening cycle to the successful opening. Achieved through strong collaboration between all key stakeholders and the consistent application and use of opening tools and processes.
- Drive collaboration and alignment at a corporate level providing the support required to successfully manage targeted opening dates and or annual operational objectives.
- A focus on ensuring hotels have necessary systems, tools and benchmark processes in place to establish operational and revenue performance maximizing performance at pre / post opening ramp-up and annually for operational hotels.
- Provide leadership to team leaders and Executive Committee teams in the development of annual business plans, capital expenditure plans and operational strategic plans.
- Leads and supports openings to ensure all key business and brand drivers are in place to maximize hotel capability and performance.
- Maintains a strong working relationship with Owner(s) through regular meetings/communication to build cooperation, alignment of objectives and drive successful outcomes for owner.
- Develops and manages relationships with owners and key stakeholders to ensure successful operations and create opportunities for further development with existing owners.
- Ensures the effective development and implementation of strategic plans and application of corporate programs, tools and systems to drive hotel revenue, quality and service levels, and to ensure key business objectives are achieved.
- Develop and help ensure that succession plans for General Managers and next generation leaders are implemented and actioned.
- Ensures succession plans for General Managers, Operations Leaders and key regional roles are implemented and actioned and high potential external talent is identified, to ensure we are building and attracting the capability required for the future.
- Provides coaching, development, and leadership for the Operational Leaders in their roles as multi-unit managers, overseeing the performance of the businesses and leading the people within their teams.
- Reviews changes in hotel organizational structures and/or headcount in key areas, and works closely with human resources in identifying and implementing optimum organizational structures, training initiatives and plans to drive efficiencies and enhance operating and service performance.
- Lead and engage the General Managers and hotel teams.
- Oversees the development of operational excellence in the region through driving innovations for continuous improvements to deliver superior customer service, increased revenues and controlling costs.
- Lead teams to deliver on guest satisfaction targets.
- Ensure that guest experience is delivered in accordance to the brand standards
- Direct the development of strategies within the region to increase brand awareness by focusing on points of difference, implementation of brand standards, and ensuring that standards are guest driven, maximize the brand value and deliver ROI for owners.
- Drives targeted hotel action plans and initiatives to improve Employee Engagement using information from our Tracking System and Surveys.
- Provides support and direction for Operations Leaders and General Managers in diagnosing, addressing and resolving hotel performance shortfalls; and in analyzing local market activities to determine what competitive actions should be taken.
- 10 to 20 years of experience, particularly in pre-opening and within the luxury arena in Asia.
- Experience in leading operations and be a financial acumen coupled with a keen eye to quality and detail along with the ability to drive through solutions.
- Must be a leader who is naturally hands on, with an on-site management style, good relationship building skills and great references from previous employers as well as colleagues.
- Ideally a dynamic and entrepreneurial Manager who invigorates and motivates the operation with confidence and style while possessing following additional competencies:
- Growing the Business
- Leading People
- Managing Diversity
- Developing Talent
- Customer Focus
- Leading Operations
- Building Relationships
- Drive for Results