Our client is a fast expanding regional group of hotels and recognises diverse cultures that celebrates The Spirit of Discovery, operating luxury and multiple premium brands across Asia.
The Vice-President of Hotel Operations will assist in the refinement and development of effective management practices, processes and activities relating to hotel operations. He/She will be accountable for the implementation and resource alignment of all hotel operations (policies & processes) that support the Group and her strategy; determining a unifying hotel operations strategy that integrates well across the individual hotel brands owned and managed by the Group.
He/She will develop and maintain strong relationships with the individual hotel brands, work collaboratively with internal teams to analyse weaknesses, identify opportunities and implement improvement methods to meet the annually established goals.
Reporting to the group President, this position will be based out of the Hotel Group’s corporate office in Hong Kong.
- Draft the strategic goals and key hotel operations metrics for presentation to the President
- To lead and proactive evaluate the effectiveness of current hotel operations practices and processes, identify and recommend / create appropriate and sustainable measures (new SOPs) to be taken to maximise the performance of all hotel operations functions, continually transform and drive efficiencies of labour, inventory use, customer service and other hotel operations-related matters
- Proactively analyse and evaluate the current technology infrastructure to recommend technological improvements that will meet the needs and support the growth of the Group’s expanding hotel portfolio
- Produce timely, accurate and complete reports on the state of hotel operations
- Works collaboratively with other business units in gathering and monitoring all data relating to current hotel operations
- Support the overall process of management and corporate decision-making relating to all hotel operations matters
- To lead, coach and develop the current team of Hotel Operations arm involving the key personnel of all individual Hotel brands
- Ensure the front- and back-of-house strategies align with hotel service ethos
- Facilitates the resolution of hotel operations issues whenever necessary
- Putting people as an important agenda, the incumbent will lead in fostering effective communications, accountability and ownership, promote initiative, appropriate risk-taking, learning, creativity, cooperation, equity and mutual respect
- Able to oversee Technical Services - actively oversees new development and projects
- The ideal candidate should demonstrate a history of successful hotel operations assignments within the Hospitality space, has extensive experience in hotel management in large scale hotel operations while working with major hotel ownership groups - it is imperative that the VP of Hotel Ops translates hotel operations overall strategy & policies into actionable plans keeping in mind the Group’s overall vision
- The ideal candidate should also demonstrate an excellent track record of developing business strategies (building, planning, developing and executing cost-effective, integrated hotel operations concepts) that produce sustainable and scalable income for the Group from the hotel operations standpoint
- Strong working knowledge in the functions essential to operate hotels, thorough knowledge of hotel operating policies and standards and, hotel operational systems and other major systems pertinent to this role
- Minimum 15 years of relevant working experience in Hotel Operations and Management with at least 5 to 7 years in an executive position within a corporate office setting
- Possesses a Degree/Masters/Professional Qualifications in Hospitality / Hotel Management / Business or equivalent is highly desirable
- Proven leadership, collaboration abilities and well-developed verbal and presentation skills; demonstrated ability to clearly explain commercial concepts to all levels and to lead through positive influence in a diverse environment
- Prior experience as a GM with a luxury brand and exposure to the China market is preferred