Inspired by technology and design, our client is an international leader in the affordable luxury market. Located in major cities throughout the world, our client is fast expanding.
This position will be responsible for client relations, resort and corporate asset design management, renovation and development project budget management, capital project design, materials design & specification program, training, forward looking design, related procurement strategies and other projects as needed.
- Create, maintain and enhance a value added culture to our owners.
- Manage the prototype development projects and deliver them within approved schedule and budget. Involve the leaders from development, marketing, operations and finance.
- Get the feedback on the design, cost and implementation from industry leaders and developers to consistently improve the designs and processes.
- Effectively manage the production team for timely plan reviews and interior design reviews to drive and push the project forward and meet or exceed the goals of foundation pours.
- Define architectural standards for the design and development of brand standards.
- Focus on efficient and timeless design, delivering on commitments through diligent, innovative strategic action-oriented decision making.
- Excellent ability to build strong relationships across multiple groups and multiple levels of individuals both within the organization and with external customers.
- Collaborate with developers, QA, production support and account team to provide technical direction on systems analysis, design, development, testing and deployment.
- Works closely with construction team, architectural technologist, development, and operations to ensure alignment of design and facilities through all phases of design and construction.
- Strong understanding of entitlements, regulatory and development process.
- Oversees project updates to the senior and executive leadership teams including the Chief Executive Officer.
- Proven ability to handle challenges in a fast pace field-based environment with complex and multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Leads a weekly corporate office meeting with all direct reports to provide project status updates, identify roadblocks and provide support.
- Schedule – create, review, update and distribute a weekly updates of the projects.
- Clear understanding of how to manage the design process, building programming, construction cost, sourcing and negotiations.
The PersonEducation & Experience
- Bachelors in Architecture, Interior Design or similar field, Masters preferred.
- Industry licenses and recognitions are preferred but not required.
- 15+ years in hospitality design and construction.
- Strong communication and leadership skills as well as advanced knowledge in contracting, construction management, design, procurement, and scheduling.
- Candidate should excel at driving business relationships, team development and problem solving.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Must be a team builder, with sufficient business knowledge to command the respect and attention of senior leaders.
- Proficient in using computer-aided design and drafting (CAAD) and other related technologies for the creation of plans.
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project.
- Business Development experience is helpful, but not required.
- Ability to travel – no more than 50%; based on the business need.