Our client is built from scratch by a bunch of local travel enthusiasts in Singapore, with the purpose of helping you discover local destinations around Asia better. We believe that travel should be stress-free, seamless, and about savouring the moment. That is why we are working towards being able to understand your travel needs and personal discoveries so as to provide you with all that you need within a destination - through the discovery of travel inspiration, trip planner and our network of accommodations & activities.
Our client is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, experienced Tech Lead with a love for building amazing user experience and enthusiastic about developing high performance travel platforms and API services. This position is full-time and based in Singapore.
The person will be responsible for managing the engineering roadmap, taking ownership of feature development and 3rd Party integrations during all production processes from start to end.
· Lead functional and technical delivery of key business initiatives
· Create thorough functional specs, project release plans, and roadmaps
· Drive product decisions to align with higher company initiatives
· Manage the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
· Apply agile methodologies to simplify project delivery
· Drive process improvements and automation across multiple teams and functions
· Conduct object oriented analysis and code reviews of designs using common patterns
· Close collaboration with Hotel Sales team, Marketing Team, Finance Team
· 10 years+ experience developing cloud based application or consulting as a Solution Architect.
· Ability to position cloud technology against travel industry solution requirements.
· Understanding of latest modern web stack technologies; Responsive Web Design using CSS, NPM/YARN, Webpack, ReactJS, GatsbyJS, Styled components.
· In-depth experience with Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform.
· Deep understanding of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, SQL/NoSQL/NewSQL, networking, and cloud-based delivery models.
· Excellent writing and communication in English.
· Ability to effectively manage challenging situations without loss of focus when under pressure.
· Prior experience in the travel industry or e-commerce is an added bonus