Job Description Header
Our client is a global Travel Commerce Platform focused on providing distribution, technology, payment and other solutions for the global travel and tourism industry. The platform enables travel providers, travel agencies, corporations and developers to search, share, buy and sell travel. This increases profitability and drives commercial success for every customer in their B2B travel network.
The role of the Solutions Engineer (SE) is to partner with the Sales Team to create winning proposals to our customer community. The SE therefore, has a deep understanding of airline business processes, as well a good skill set to translate them into technical requirements. The SE manages the development of a solution that uses a range of The Company and partner products and can present them in front of a customer audience.
Job Description Body
Main responsibilities include:
· Work across all partners and stakeholders in the market/region, in addition to the Product and other central teams to ensure solutions are viable, sustainable and add commercial value to our sales.
· Consult directly with existing and potential new customers in all phases of the sales lifecycle.
· Conduct business analysis to establish customer business and functional requirements, key business drivers/buying criteria and solution design.
· Evaluate alternatives, cost implications and design creative solutions based on customer requirements
· Contribute largely in the writing of the solution and technical content for new proposals.
· Any other duties that may reasonably be required.
Job Description Footer
· Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree or equivalent qualification preferred.
· 10 years+ of related technical sales experience the travel industry or other technology industry, product management and deep knowledge of airline business processes products.
· Strong consultative selling skills and strong experience supporting technology sales pursuits
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to work with and influence all levels of internal employee’s (peers, managers, directors, vice-presidents) and external customers including financial, analytical, revenue management, purchasing, and operations staff, senior executive (frequently at C-level), as well as technical stakeholders.
· Must be able to adapt communication styles to communicate effectively with and influence this broad range of client groups (including the ability to make highly technical issues straightforward for non-technicians).
· Strong experience in writing business and technical proposals for RFPs.
· Proven out-of-the-box thinking skills and excellent alternative generation and collaboration abilities.
· Good knowledge of computer programming architecture, network communications, system interfaces and industry messaging standards desired.
· The ability to undertake any or additional responsibilities as defined by his/her manager.
· Articulate in English (verbal and written), and fluency in Mandarin is an advantage.
· The job requires travel up to 40% of the time, including international travel – individual must possess or able to acquire travel documents enabling them to meet international travel requirements of the job.