The role of the Solutions Engineer (SE) is to partner with the Sales Team to create winning proposals to our customer community. The SE therefore, has a deep understanding of airline business processes, as well a good skill set to translate them into technical requirements. The SE manages the development of a solution that uses a range of the company and partner products and can present them in front of a customer audience.
Main responsibilities include:
- Work across all partners and stakeholders in the market/region, in addition to the Product and other central teams to ensure solutions are viable, sustainable and add commercial value to our sales.
- Consult directly with existing and potential new customers in all phases of the sales lifecycle.
- Conduct business analysis to establish customer business and functional requirements, key business drivers/buying criteria and solution design.
- Evaluate alternatives, cost implications and design creative solutions based on customer requirements
- Contribute largely in the writing of the solution and technical content for new proposals.
- Any other duties that may reasonably be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree or equivalent qualification preferred.
- 10 years+ of related technical sales experience the travel industry or other technology industry, product management and deep knowledge of airline business processes products.
- Strong consultative selling skills and strong experience supporting technology sales pursuits
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to work with and influence all levels of internal employee’s (peers, managers, directors, vice-presidents) and external customers including financial, analytical, revenue management, purchasing, and operations staff, senior executive (frequently at C-level), as well as technical stakeholders.
- Must be able to adapt communication styles to communicate effectively with and influence this broad range of client groups (including the ability to make highly technical issues straightforward for non-technicians).
- Strong experience in writing business and technical proposals for RFPs.
- Proven out-of-the-box thinking skills and excellent alternative generation and collaboration abilities.
- Good knowledge of computer programming architecture, network communications, system interfaces and industry messaging standards desired.
- The ability to undertake any or additional responsibilities as defined by his/her manager.
- Articulate in English (verbal and written), and fluency in Mandarin is an advantage.
- The job requires travel up to 40% of the time, including international travel – individual must possess or able to acquire travel documents enabling them to meet international travel requirements of the job.