Our client is a fast-growing provider of white label and co-branded travel product integration solutions worldwide. The Senior Business Development Manager SEA will play a key role in broaden their client base in SE Asian markets such as Thailand and Vietnam. They are seeking an experienced salesperson and business leader who identifies opportunities and turns them into sustainable partnerships and who is strong on execution in approaching new markets from a sales perspective. They reach out across many sectors – from retail travel agents, financial institutions and airlines to loyalty organizations, online travel agents and corporate travel management companies – using their expertise to fuel their partners’ growth.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Broaden the company’s partnership base in the SEA markets through lead prospecting, qualifying and contracting potential partners to re-market the company’s accommodation supply to their customer base.
- Understand the travel landscape in SEA and develop a sales plan for the company in prioritized SEA markets.
- Build and maintain a strong continuous pipeline of prospects and opportunities across SEA with a view to closing and launching them in the shortest time possible and delivering against agreed sales targets.
- Understand prospective partner’s challenges and business needs and building a vision match in the sales process. Structure and negotiate a profitable and sustainable deal for the company while maintaining an attractive value proposition that would motivate prospective partners into delivering more revenue to the company.
- Conduct presentations to a different audience ranging from C-level executives, head of hotel supply and/or IT solutions to operations managers and end-users.
- Work and manage closely with a team of Finance, Legal, Partner Connect, and Global Customer Operations colleagues throughout the sales process for a smooth end-to-end contracting and implementation cycle for the new partners.
- Work closely with Optimization, Analytics and Account Managers in ramping up revenue generated from new partners within the shortest possible time.
- Interact and establish relationships externally with the key partners in the travel space, and internally with other internal brands to maximize the value of the overall group business.
- Experience in B2B business development or sales role, preferably in the travel or eCommerce industry
- A self-starter with a can-do attitude and a hunger for sales.
- Fluency in other relevant languages (TH/VN) will be an added advantage
- Ability to travel (>50% of the time)