Our client is a market leader in Singapore and is fast expanding with multiple award winning concepts and brands located in several locations.
The RoleThe Group continues to expand with exciting concepts in the pipeline including our first foray into the Japanese fine dining scene led by a talented Japanese Chef who has been honing his skills at stellar dining institutions.
Set to shape the Japanese culinary landscape in Singapore, the new restaurant will showcase modern Japanese cuisine in a beautiful fine dining establishment with an emphasis on creating meaningful interactions between chefs and guests.
The Restaurant Manager is a visible, energetic and ethical team leader who develops, maintains and promotes a management philosophy that culminates in guest satisfaction and employee engagement, while consistently achieving annual and long term financial and strategic plans.
Accountable for the Restaurant’s business performance, the Restaurant Manager sets the overall goals in alignment with the strategic direction. S/He has overall responsibility for the management of all operations of the restaurant; setting and maintaining standards of excellence and guest experience, and is personally involved in daily service operations.
Deep understanding and familiarity with the industry and business developmental needs is critical in ensuring the establishment achieves and maintains the highest level of guest experience and culinary standards.
Key areas of focus – include but are not limited to:
Venue Management and Operations
Overseeing operations and ensures the venue and operations create a positive guest experience
- Developing and executing plans to achieve daily and monthly targets
- Creating and improving standard operating procedures for service and product preparation
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws pertaining to the service of food and beverage, public / employee safety and food safety
- Working closely with the Marketing department on sales and promotions, events, etc
- Reviewing and analyzing sales mix, inventory, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement
Human Resource & Financial Management
- Work together with the Chef Owner to oversee the Profit & Loss statement of the restaurant including manpower forecasting, planning and budgeting
- Creating and putting in place efficient and effective structure to facilitate manpower planning and work scheduling based on business requirements and trends
- Ensuring a strong and robust pipeline of exceptional talent; including interviewing, selecting and training new employees
- Recommending cost management solutions based on analysis of POS reports and sales trends, and working with HQ teams to implement cost control measures and/or improvements to onsite sales and marketing tools
- Providing guidance and coaching employees on their development plans
- Setting direction and expectations for the team to achieve team goals
- Working closely with the HR/L&OD on all venue related on-boarding, learning and development, and employee engagement strategies and initiatives
- Championing and ensuring procedural compliance with the Company’s policies
- At least 8 years of operations leadership experience in the hospitality industry, and holding overall operating budget (P&L) responsibility
- Excellent knowledge in wine, ideally with relevant wine certifications (WSET, CMS, CSW, etc.)
- Knowledge of sake would be advantageous due to the beverage options in the concept
- Prior experience in a fine dining concept is necessary
- An effective and energetic people leader with experience
- Well-developed skill set and demonstrated professional track record in the areas of
- operations management
- budgeting, financial analysis and cost-based management
- strategic planning
- internal & external customer relationship management
- talent management
- program and project management
- leading monthly reports & meetings
- Related field of study in Hospitality, F&B Management, etc, would be advantageous