About the Company
Our client wishes to achieve new sales growth through greater targeting of the opportunities that exist within our Partner Network. In order to achieve the targets, it is essential to develop a pipeline of prospects in conjunction with key Partner stakeholders ensuring the right level of interface with target clients and a delivery style that enables the company's value and consultative approach to be understood by the prospect.
About the Role
- Deliver volume, revenue and margin growth through new business sales in line with our Partner strategic plan and annual budget
- Contribute to the improvement of our Partner profitability through winning new business or selling in additional revenue making opportunities throughout the entire sales cycle.
- Work with our Partners to build relationships with strategic/corporate managed travel opportunities on a national, multi-national and global basis where appropriate
- Achieve individual annual traded sales, revenue and contribution targets
- Work collaboratively across the company, the Partner Network and contribute towards the overall success of the company
- Develop and lead strategic client sales relationships and RFP processes to a successful conclusion.
- Develop and apply consultative selling techniques in line with the company's strategy.
- Implement the corporate sales methodology – e.g: Consultative Selling Approach
Sales Goals and Objectives
- Target managed corporate travel prospects on a short, medium and long-term basis
- Develop and qualify prospective clients in line with the Partner Network strategy
- Develop relationships and sales strategies to win new business (includes: transient travel, events and meetings management, consulting and hotel-only) for the Partner Network
- Develop multi-level business relationships with each prospect to understand their travel objectives and strategy
- Achieve annualised traded sales, volume and contribution targets
- Meet non-financial objectives: communication, reporting, team-work, sharing best practice
Managing the Sales Process
- Provide strategic bid leadership in all key prospect activity
- Review all RFP information supplied by a prospect and develop a response plan around sales pitch, strategy and engagement of colleagues to support that where necessary
- Develop innovative and creative client solutions including the completion of RFP response documents
- Engage and connect a client’s senior and executive management with the company's Senior Executive Sponsors.
- Ensure relevant company Executives are involved in key strategic sales opportunities
- Meet all deadlines and deliverables in line with client expectations
- Experience in corporate travel sales
- Experience in developing strong sales pipelines
- Demonstrable success in running an end to end sales process culminating in winning new clients over a consistent period of time
- Experience of selling to Blue Chip companies
- Managed sales process at board level
- Effective communicator and negotiator Key Skills & Competencies
- Business Knowledge - Having an in-depth knowledge and understanding of how all aspects of the business work; a strong knowledge of key issues and their impact on the strategic direction of the Company
- Customer Focus - Driving & leading customer service initiatives: approaching service form a strategic perspective. Effective communicator
- Interpersonal Skills - Building relationships at senior levels of the Organisation: possessing dynamic qualities; projecting passion and inspiring confidence throughout the business
- Sales Skills - Being a leading seller / sales manager; highly persuasive; influential in producing repeat business; constantly striving to add value for clients
- Planning & Organising - Comprehensive planning skills; identifying potential difficulties and drawing up appropriate contingency plans
- Problem Solving & Decision Making - Having the confidence to make business decisions and see them through; approaching difficult issues as a challenge; confidently initiating solutions
- Team working - Developing and promoting relationships across business streams; engendering an environment in which the Partner Network fully contributes to strategic activity and are able to produce strong results
- Presenting Skills- Presenting confidently to senior teams inside and outside the organisation; using a range of presentation styles to engage a senior audience
- Negotiation Skills - Supporting negotiation situations; developing and deploying the required key interpersonal skills; good planning and preparation
- Demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Office skills