The CompanyInspired by technology and design, our client is an international leader in the affordable luxury market. Located in major cities throughout the world, our client is fast expanding.
This will be a Singapore based role overseeing in it's entirety the marketing and commercial performance of the 2 hotels based in Singapore. This role will come with a direct reporting line to the CEO of the group and dotted lines to the respective on property General Managers and will come with a strong emphasis on Marketing and Branding.
- Together with the Director of Revenue Strategy, prepares the
hotel’s annual Budget and develops, implements and adapts the Annual
Marketing Plan as market conditions fluctuate.
- Responsible for annual expenditure for all sales and marketing
activities and control of the budgeted expenditure by a monthly forecast.
- Develops the marketing and commercial strategies for the hotel and
ensures the strategies conform to brand philosophies, guidelines and
initiatives at all times.
- Determines sales strategies and leads efforts to coordinate these
strategies between Regional Sales Offices, Marketing & Communications
Teams and on-property Leadership.
- Ensures that commercial strategies are aligned with Revenue
Management and communicated to Sales, Marketing and hotel leaders, and are
implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
- With the Director of Revenue Strategy, evaluates effectiveness of
property participation in channels and determines proper spend deployment
in these segments and channels.
- Maintains continual awareness of current and future competitors,
for example but not limited to, product, published offers/pricing,
renovation plans, inventory, etc.
- With Director of Revenue Strategy, reviews and finalizes
- Participates in forecast and long range meetings with key hotel
- Assists in implementation and continual improvement of definite
group forecasting process.
- From a sales and third party contracting perspective, responsible
for hotel’s positioning in the various distribution channels, information
accuracy and competitor positioning, including but not limited to,
conducting online shops.
- Guides team leaders to determine strategic and appropriate
deployment of Sales Team.
- Establishes priorities and sales goals.
- Ensures that sales teams strategically targets accounts, both
transient and group, to grow business.
- Ensures all Sales contracts are in line with Distribution guidelines.
- Ensures and leads and motivates the Sales Team and holds them
- Evaluates monthly transient segmentation production with the Sales
- Conducts monthly account reviews
- Conducts weekly sales meetings
- Oversees daily group leads
- Oversee the creation and management of the brand identity for the
hotel and all its outlets, in strict adherence with guidelines.
- Oversee the production of all brand identity materials, collateral
and the development of promotional materials
- Oversee budget reconciliation of Advertising Campaign
- Oversee all phases from planning to briefing and implementation of
the hotel’s annual advertising plan; coordinate with advertising department on all matters
related to creative and media planning
- Ensure adherence to guidelines for all advertising
- Oversee PR strategy for the Hotel to ensure positioning as one of
the top hotels in the destination in the local, national and international
- Implement tactical media relations activity in line with hotel’s
business needs and objectives
- Ensure strong working relationship with international PR network and Corporate
Communications Team for maximum reach of initiatives
- Ensure hotel receives regular exposure in local and international
media through print, online, radio and television through proactive and
reactive PR actions
- Budget for and oversee all photography and videography requirements
according to guidelines.
- Oversee the development of a comprehensive social media channel
- Ensure adherence to social
- Work with global digital marketing team to identify and execute
paid social media campaigns to engage both global staying guests and local
Customer Relationship Management
- Maintain frequent contact with the hotel’s guests and clients
through direct marketing activities
- Develop an overall annual direct marketing plan
- Establish, maintain and expand the hotel’s database
- Develop strategic brand partnerships with relevant brands in the
luxury, lifestyle and arts and cultural world
- Oversee consumer events as required
Digital Marketing / E-Commerce
- Ensure up-to-date, brand-appropriate web site copy, photography,
videography and all marketing assets for the hotel. Liaise with
appropriate corporate and property colleagues to update the hotel site
- Oversee web traffic analysis to create and execute a successful
digital marketing strategy
- Liaise with global digital marketing team to coordinate PPC, meta
search and email marketing campaigns to increase direct digital bookings
to the hotel.
- Provide local expertise about hotel seasonality, forthcoming
events, local attractions and competitor activity in order to optimise
return on paid search marketing.
- Appoint a primary digital and ecommerce contact for the hotel to
work with the global digital team to facilitate testing for new digital
capabilities through structured testing and feedback tools.
- To prepare annual expenditure proposal for all marketing and
- To forecast and allocate the approved budget as per ongoing
activities on a monthly basis
- To control all expenditure to be in line with hotel’s business
- Attend General Manager’s cocktail receptions, annual parties and
other social functions
- Together with the key team, prepare and update the annual Sales,
Marketing and Communications Plan
- Attend annual PR roadshow events as outlined in the hotel’s
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the management
from time to time
You must come from a strong marketing/digital/e-commerce/revenue background. Cluster / Group / Regional level preferred.
Regional knowledge and experience in key Asian feeder markets is essential with a strong emphasis on Brand and Marketing initiatives with the objective to increase brand.com bookings.
Skills & Knowledge
- Ensures hotel’s third party contract negotiations conform to Revenue & Distribution Management guidelines.
- Ensures hotel’s commercial strategies conform to brand philosophies and goals.
- Strategic approach towards maximizing revenue through use of historical data and analysis of the marketplace and demand generators, either geographically or special event related.
- Able to create objectives and make strategic decisions and recommendations based on facts, market trends and experience/knowledge.
- Effectively develop, implement, monitor and control sales strategies and goals.
- Analytical approach to problem solving utilizing data to make conclusions.
- Comprehension of all transient segments, their respective sales processes, markets, demands, sales deployment, client development and goal setting process.
- Comprehension of group sales processes and group sales demands.
- Comprehension of the reservation sales processes for .
- Able to train, manage and develop all direct reports to ensure successful execution of sales efforts; able to develop and deliver training to executives and other colleagues.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Effective time management, communication and professional presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and balance the priorities of the position.
- Provides strategic direction as it relates to pricing, inventory, channel management and distribution of all market segments in accordance to brand guidelines.
- Works with Marketing & Communications to develop the strategic proposition of Marketing offers, online and offline, as well as market/country and demand specific focus areas.
- Proactively analyzes and communicates business trends and booking pace in comparison to the market, Last Year, Forecast and Budget.
- Analyzes competitive sets, price positioning, seasonality, mix and displacement on a weekly basis.
- Communicates when key events or holiday periods are being held in the destination and surrounding areas that impact demand. Devises and implements event specific strategies.
- Provides targeted and timely communication of results, achievements and challenges to the stakeholders.
Revenue, Distribution & Reservations
- Establishes and maintains effective and rational pricing strategies for all inventories and market segments.
- Oversees the annual pricing process for transient, group and other areas as required.
- Ensures that sales strategies, inventory adjustments, and rate restrictions are implemented by the Revenue Director/Manager and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
- Ensures that Revenue Director/Manager proactively provides data to the Team for the purpose of analyzing and evaluating specific business segments, specific accounts, market segment mix (group vs. transient and its sub-segments), room type demand, channel production and geographical mix, recognizing trends and patterns and facilitates discussion on trends, market growth, and selling initiatives.
- Evaluates weekly and monthly Market Share reports to understand trends and opportunities vs. competitive set and the market as a whole and ensures targeted Relative RevPar positioning is achieved.
- Reviews the Revenue strategy packet and reports prepared by the Revenue Director/Manager and participates in leading this meeting.
- Provides revenue management functional expertise and leadership to General Manager and property leadership teams.
- Ensures accurate reservation system information in all Distribution Channels is upheld.
- Ensures that all reservation inquiries that come to the hotel via telephone, email or fax are processed in a timely and accurate manner to capture demand data for the hotel.