Our client has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. They offer industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries.
They maintain sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what they’re working on, their goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn’t think of going back to the old way of doing things.
The Account Executive is responsible for sales of the company Revenue Management Solutions and Services into the hospitality industry through a direct sales approach to independent properties and defined chain accounts. This role is critical in scope and responsibility, and is a key factor in achieving future revenue potential.
• Builds sales for all the company revenue management solutions: products, services, and consulting offerings in the assigned territory or accounts
• Develops new business and executes strategic sales campaigns which will help grow volume, market share and profit on a value proposition basis. Identifies, qualifies and pursues growth opportunities.
• Meets and exceeds sales targets.
• Plans, develops and implements the growth strategy for the assigned company territory or accounts, identifying and addressing key marketplace needs that can benefit most from revenue optimization initiatives.
• Leads, grows and provides sales and development opportunities in current market, as well as, expands to new markets and market segments.
• Manages sales relationships through a full life cycle, including approach, negotiation, closure, contract support, and long term relationship management.
• Prepares client proposals, contracts and order forms through Salesforce.com
• Utilizes salesforce.com to track activities, contacts, accounts, leads and opportunities. As a result, provides online forecast reports and updates for the company.
• Implements and builds upon the strategic regional marketing and sales plan, including competitive positioning of the company products and solutions in the regional market place.
• Establishes and drives growth targets across Key Performance Indicators of Profitability, Revenue Growth and Revenue Recognition. Ensures all business is executed according to current policies and guidelines and within desired profitability margins.
• Actively engages and supports a progressive and dynamic corporate culture within the company. Manages annual sales business plan (quota). Monitors progress to monthly & quarterly objectives.
• Tracks and analyzes the competition, market opportunities, products and activities
• Assists in corporate lead generating activities and support of industry trade shows/events
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
• BS or BA in Business, Hospitality Management, or Information Management or equivalent experience.
• Requires a minimum of five years of experience in the sales, marketing, or technical support of computer software solutions (including related training products and services)
• Two or more years of Revenue Management related experience
• Effective presentation and public speaking skills
• Demonstrated success and overachievement in value proposition selling. Track record of superior sales achievements (volume, market share growth, competitive rank, awards, etc.)
• Excellent consultative and listening skills with a strong ability to communicate across a range of diverse cultures and corporate levels, including Executive Management (C-Level) teams.
• Ability to communicate complex issues in writing and verbally to users, business and technical persona.
• Superior analytical skills balanced by an ability to navigate the larger strategic picture.
• Excellent organizational skills coupled with the ability to manage multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities, and the company internal teams to develop and deliver solutions to prospect requirements.
• Strong business acumen, combined with the ability to translate complex business problems into workable solutions. This includes knowledge about how businesses work, business trends and the implications to their business, strong competitive knowledge, and how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
• Ability to manage change and use creative alternatives to solve problems.
• Ability to understand hospitality industry and hotel infrastructure, the technology within hotels, and interfaces with the company.
• Fluency in reading, writing and communicating in English
• Multi-lingual, relevant to region
• Demonstrated success in managing and interacting effectively with software development personnel and customers.
• Business transaction systems knowledge for hotel and other industries
• Annual travel up to 70%.