About the Company
Our client is a leader in Hospitality Operations Software solutions with a 5000 Hotels installed base over 32 countries track record, aims at growing its presence in Europe & further increase its penetration in Europe International Hotel chains.
Today, they have mobile and cloud based products, covering various departmental needs of 3, 4 and 5 star hotels. They are in the process of transforming their products to further improve overall User Experience, Architecture, coverage of user needs, and utilize new technology innovations. In order to continue innovating they are rapidly expanding their Product team.
Being part of the Product Operations team, you will be based out of the onshore Technology office in Kuala Lumpur. You will be responsible to guide a dedicated team of developers, from a Product perspective. You will ideally be focused on a single Product and own it’s user story backlog.
● Familiarize yourself with the product components and its potential impact on the market as a whole
● Work closely with the Product Manager of your product, in order to ensure that the Product Development is aligned to overall Product Strategy
● Evaluate Product Requirements and break them down to user stories, actionable items for developers
● Manage the Product Backlog, and actively participate in Sprint planning to ensure that business needs are being met
● Be the user’s advocate and ensure that the right experience is being delivered from both design and architecture perspective; working closely with UX Designers
● Understand the impact of technical backlog items and balance priorities, to ensure swift progress of functional requirements
● Ensure that the Development team is aware of the current goals and quality requirements, along with reviewing expected outcomes of test cases
● A degree in Computer Science or related technical fields; interdisciplinary background with Business will be preferred
● 5 + years of software experience with 2 years of leading agile teams, understanding of Agile and ability to formulate user stories; strong project management skills