An international & reputable Travel company is looking to identify an Operations Manager to be based in Beijing.
- Provide effective leadership, mentoring and motivation to a successful team of operations staff
- Deliver continuous improvement of service quality and customer experience
- Actively and effectively plan and manage resources in line with business demand
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships through exceptional service quality
- Develop and maintain key relationships with suppliers and vendors
- Drive operational efficiencies and performance
- Responsible for local sales target for inbound operations team
- Plan strategies to increase and generate greater sales and achieve the set targets.
- Handle and oversee all enquiries and determine clients’ needs and suggesting suitable travel packages
- Organizing travel from beginning to end, this includes creative design, sales price set up/costing and quoting, arranging all aspects of travel, providing advice on travel documents/insurance, invoicing the client and supplying agents and their clients with pertinent information and useful travel/holiday materials.
- Create and introduce new packages.
- Assist with contracting and negotiation of local suppliers.
- Responsible for marketing inbound products locally and international.
- Providing support to the sales team (quoting and preparing tour itineraries in line with client requirements)
- Working closely with purchasing team to get best deal for clients
- Support with design and costing for new strategic sales partnerships
- Negotiate contracts or rates with travel service provider
- Ensure compliance in all aspects of travel processes, procedures and contracts
- Ensure client satisfaction through the efficient and effective handling of all client requests, issues or complaints
- Facilitate weekly internal operational meetings and training as required along with any reporting requirements of your activities for management
- Provide team members with the appropriate guidance, coaching and training to perform at their best
- Complete regular and ongoing one on ones and reviews of performance to ensure targets are being met and development plans are created
- Develop and foster a culture of quality and customer excellence
- Contribute to the building of a high-performance team by being a proactive leader
- Provide regular reporting to senior management regarding the operational performance, sales and service delivery
- 5 years’ experience in Leisure Travel Operations (ideally Inbound - Outbound also appreciate)
- 5 years’ experience in customer service
- At least 3 years previous people leadership experience with the ability to motivate and inspire success
- Previous experience managing outside vendors, sourcing and negotiating contract services
- Leisure Travel industry and destination knowledge in China
- Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new technology interfaces
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and a positive attitude
- Strong planning, prioritising, organising and time management skills
- Solution focused, with effective decision making and analytical skills
- Ability to use different training strategies to get the best performance out of the team
- Proficiency in travel management databases, and Microsoft Office applications