Our client is the world’s only true Travel Commerce Platform, focused on providing distribution, technology, payment and other solutions for the global travel and tourism industry. Their platform enables travel providers, travel agencies, corporations and developers to search, share, buy and sell travel. This increases profitability and drives commercial success for every customer in their B2B travel network.
The Online Account Manager is a vital member of the Account Management team responsible for the development and maintenance of customers’ online accounts and initiatives, ensuring that the company has an excellent day to day customer relationships (subscriber), in addition to maximizing all revenue opportunities for the business. The overall objective of the Online Account Manager is to provide the online expertise and online program ownership to ensure the renewal of customers’ contracts and grow the share of business within the customers, in addition to identifying opportunities for the upsell of new products and services to grow the accounts within their existing customer portfolio.
The primary focus is the business goals, business operations and business process analysis frameworks and related structures that integrate aspects of the enterprise together.
Main responsibilities include:
• Manage online programs of key accounts, working directly with customers as well as supporting overall account owners.
• Contributes in expanding and retaining accounts while ensuring ongoing excellent customer service.
• Act as primary online subject matter expert and point-of-contact for both internal and external customers.
• Responsible for mapping customer requirements to the company’s products and services to grow the business.
• Develop strategies and orchestrate company resources to maximize sales volume and profit goals whilst building and maintaining an appropriate sales plan.
• Engage and leverage resources with Agency resources: Technical Support, Technical Account Management, Pre-Sales Consultant, Hospitality Business Development Managers as required, in addition to building cooperative and effective relationships with internal teams such as Product, Legal, Finance, Sales Ops, Human Resources, and Marketing.
• Identify and qualify opportunities to develop and execute the sales process.
• Responsible for account dispersion and sales growth.
• Meet or exceed discount/profit margin goals.
• Builds and qualifies pipeline opportunities.
• Maintain up-to-date account plans, achieving buy-in for plans with the customers.
• Ensure CRM is updated and accurate.
• Any other duties as may be reasonably required.
• At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related discipline.
• 5 years or more of relevant work experience in technical account management and customer relationship management within the software technology industry.
• Proven track record of achievement against company targets and personal objectives.
• Ability to take ownership of accounts, projects and pro-actively drive customer relationships.
• Demonstrated a history of solutions selling in a B2B environment.
• Comprehensive knowledge of accounts, competitors, market and industry positions.
• An extensive and intimate knowledge of online and ecommerce industries.
• Excellent presentation, negotiation and time management skills.
• Fluency in both English and Japanese language is a must.
• Familiarity and/or experience in the travel industry would be an advantage.