Our client is a regional leader in the high end luxury co-working space. They have been inspired by the demand for a more holistic space in which to conduct business – the desire for somewhere to gather, create and innovate rather than merely get things done. Because beyond productivity, work is also about new conversations, connections, inspiration, contemplation and repose. Our client is designed to be the perfect backdrop to the highlights of life happening.
This will be for an inclusive professional business network club that promotes a better way of networking throughout APAC by way of better connectivity through programming and accessibility.
The Membership Manager is responsible for designing and implementing membership growth and retention strategy that aligns with organization’s strategic objectives. This is a frontline position part of the senior leadership team and is responsible for growing and maintaining the membership through membership sales, retention and overall member experience.
The Membership Manager is also responsible for the creation, development and oversight/supervision of a sales team responsible for the growth of the organization throughout. They are involved in the generation of new membership leads, generating referrals and participating in marketing activities and special events to achieve required lead generation targets. Working alongside the Marketing and Events manager, they will contribute to all aspects of the member experiences, member operations and all member communications.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, detail-oriented, self-starting individual who excels at doing customer relations, sales and creating partnerships, and able to coordinate multiple fast-paced projects simultaneously. They are innovative, have out-of-the-box thinking, interested in making suggestions to improve the program, and creative in packaging and promoting membership.
A successful Membership Manager knows that collaboration across multiple departments and leveraging the brand, locations and existing member network is crucial to drive the success of this business.
They must display, have knowledge of and participate in all the network’s programs and activities. They keep current in knowledge of key competitors by staying abreast of trends and above all, must have the ability to build rapport and lasting relationships with prospective and current members in order to build a strong referral base and retain members. The common thread and challenge is to create the engaging, #ItsAllWorkItsAllPlay and like-mindedness experience for our ambitious and high performing members.
What will you do
Drive Member Acquisition
- Develop strategic plan for membership growth, improving member benefit offerings, and increasing overall membership satisfaction
- Implements membership strategies that support recruitment of new members and retention of existing members
- Create a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills in all interactions
- Oversee the Development of Member Acquisition Channels and the development and promotion of schemes aimed at attracting as wide a proportion of the market as possible
- To carry out competitor analyses on a regular basis in order to provide information, this will be used positively in the selling of memberships
- Work with Management team to achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly target goals for member retention, new members and membership sales
- Assist in communicating the vision and membership selection process in a concise and compelling way through various communications channels: in-person, via email, and in marketing assets to prospective members, etc.
Drive membership engagement, satisfaction and retention
- Foster a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction, that clearly focuses on customer service and quality assurance
- Lead or oversee all new member introductions to ensure members understand benefits, program and opportunities
- Work with marketing to create membership promotions and plan yearlong new member and member retention strategies
- Work with events and programming team to create a high-quality experiences, events and activities for members that addresses their needs and wants from the program
- Organize and lead monthly meetings with leaders to review and continuously improve member programs and benefits
- Manage member satisfaction, retention, and service recovery in both a systematic and ad-hoc manner (via pulse checks and through personal relationships with members)
- Manage the member feedback process, ensuring follow-up and reporting on engagement, satisfaction, referral, cancellation patterns etc.
- Maintain a constant presence, acting as one of the faces to members
- Create community collaborations and relationships
- In conjunction with the Marketing and Events Manager be responsible for the management of the membership database and sales systems
- To be responsible and oversee the administration of membership paperwork and to ensure that it is processed accordingly
- Assist in creating and updating membership SOP and marketing materials, including letters, flyers for upcoming events, welcome packets, fact sheets, directories, surveys, and others
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in sales required with proven track record
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business management or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Event Management, Hospitality and Membership Engagement experience is advantageous.
- Be an advocate and ambassador, and must understand the critical role that membership and exceeding expectations play in regard to the success of Greater
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- You have a structured work habit with a charismatic way to deal with people
- Ability to maintain both high level strategic view and tactical attention to details
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- High energy and willingness to go beyond the call of duty to get the job done
- Ability to influence, persuade, negotiate, and galvanize to achieve goals
- A consummate people person, natural networker and a well-travelled individual with an educated worldview and a learned appreciation of different cultures, politics, areas, professions, and social scenes.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively
- Strong business knowledge and curiosity with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Polished, analytical, engaging with a range of common and uncommon interests
- Passion for the business and the target demographic community
- An exceptional level of professional grooming with more flair than stuffiness
- Demonstrate integrity, responsibility, and great values and work ethics
- Fluency in bridging high performance corporate and start-up culture