Our client is a regional leader in the high end luxury co-working space. They have been inspired by the demand for a more holistic space in which to conduct business – the desire for somewhere to gather, create and innovate rather than merely get things done. Because beyond productivity, work is also about new conversations, connections, inspiration, contemplation and repose. Our client is designed to be the perfect backdrop to the highlights of life happening.
This will be for an inclusive professional business network club that promotes a better way of networking throughout APAC by way of better connectivity through programming and accessibility.
The Marketing and Events Manager will be responsible for delivering and further developing the Marketing Strategy and for developing and delivering our events programme. They will be in charge of event management for all internal and external events and will assist the General Manager in other areas such as PR, partnerships, digital marketing and communications. You are also responsible for growing the business profitably (from Events) both reactively and proactively.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, self-motivated with an entrepreneurial mind-set, capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who is able to bring a structured mind into the creative field of marketing to take action for tangible results.
A successful Marketing and Events Manager knows that collaboration across multiple departments and leveraging on the brand, locations and existing member network is crucial to drive the success of this business. The common thread and challenge are to create the engaging, #ItsAllWorkItsAllPlay and like-mindedness experience for our ambitious and high performing members.
The Marketing and Events Manager will report to the General Manager; and working closely with the Marketing and location teams to achieve organizational goal and deliver the best possible in-person and digital experience for members.
What will you do
Be the Event Creator & Curator
- Develop Business and Learning events and activities which are of relevance to members
- Research and liaise with suitable speakers, trainers and facilitators for the programme, ensuring content is topical, relevant and engaging to members
- Development, production and delivery of all projects from proposal right up to delivery
- Managing operational and administrative functions to ensure projects are delivered efficiently
- Delivering events on time, within budget, that meet expectations
- Establish event and project management process
- Deliver and organise all events and projects in a smooth and controlled manner
- Management of the quality assurance process for event and workshop programmes
- Ensure excellent customer service and prompt response to event enquiries
- Drive innovative customer experience, working with Operations team to ensure smooth implementation
- Communicating, maintaining and developing client and vendor relationships
- Effective on-site management and control during set up, delivery and breakdown for all events
- Ensure robust customer satisfaction and impact evaluation processes are in place for all events and workshops and to support creation of post event evaluation reports
- Regularly monitor feedback relating to events and workshops and to take appropriate actions
Be the Marketing Guru
- Plan, implement and evaluate marketing and communication plans to ensure the correct positioning of the company events and its associated services and/or brands are relevant to internal and external markets and programmes it represents
- Create and deliver innovative and results-driven marketing and communication plans
- Execute these marketing and communication plans, including the development of a range of marketing collateral, content and campaigns, and include a focus on the effective use of social media and digital marketing tactics
- Content manage the website and social media platforms and write creative, engaging and accurate content for the promotion of events and services, ensuring brand values are demonstrated consistently through all communications
- Work with colleagues to establish and use relevant branding and designs for event publicity
- Ensure all marketing complies with required branding guidelines (including ERDF or similar compliance requirements where appropriate)
- Take responsibility for delivering target numbers for events and projects through effective delivery of marketing/communication plans
- Compile briefs for the procurement of services to support communications needs and requirements and lead media and PR relationships
- Forging new relationships with like-minded business and community organizations, as well as industry thought leaders
- Source for sponsorship, partnership or collaboration opportunities with like-minded brands and communities
- Attend relevant networking events to build database of potential clients and partners
- Minimum of 4 years of Marketing/Events experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business management or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Someone who is ready to get their hands dirty and understands that devil is in the details
- Gets excited about working with numerous people across cultures day to day
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Demonstrate integrity, responsibility, and good work ethics
- Proficient in basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise, multi-task, delegate and work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Finds it easy to bridge corporate and start-up culture