Our client has been helping the world’s hospitality businesses maximize their revenue performance. They offer industry-leading pricing and revenue management Software, Services, and Consulting to the hospitality and travel industries.
They maintain sales, support and distribution offices in North & South America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia and Asia. No matter what they’re working on, their goal is to make revenue management so user-friendly, insightful, and profitable that revenue management professionals wouldn’t think of going back to the old way of doing things.
The Market Development Representative is responsible for initiating and nurturing mutually productive dialogues over the phone with mid/senior level hotel executives to stimulate interest in the company’s solutions. This role is focused on identifying new business opportunities in defined market segments in APAC to drive achievement of pipeline and lead conversion goals.
· Qualify and disposition leads generated via Marketing Programs according to target market fit and sales readiness and ensure smooth hand-off of Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) to Sales.
· Follow up, qualification, and routing leads generated from Marketing Programs and executing proactive outbound prospecting plans
· Execute customer-centric prospecting approach into target accounts identified by sales.
· Navigate prospective client’s corporate structure and identify decision makers, uncover critical business issues, stimulate interest and appropriately communicate the company’s value proposition.
Manage a daily call volume of 40-50 dials per day within Salesforce.com
· Create a consistent experience for prospects as relationships are developed and maintained between company Sales and Marketing.
· Achieve lead generation goals set by Sales and Marketing Management.
· Differentiate message when talking with prospects in mature and emerging markets within the region.
· Aid in CRM tasks and maintenance.
· Be aware of and comply with all corporate policies.
· Maintain strong relationship with Area Marketing and Sales teams through clear communication, follow up, and participation in product demos, meetings, and projects.
· Proactively seek out information by using the web, industry resources, and other vehicles to stay current on industry issues/trends and competing products.
· Performs other duties, as assigned
· Two years of experience in solution selling, marketing, phone sales or a high-volume customer contact position. Specific industry-related experience (preferably in hospitality computer software solutions) might be considered in combination with the above requirements.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Demonstrated record of successful (met lead generation targets) cold calling in enterprise software or business services environment.
· Ability to engage in a brief business-oriented conversation and articulate a relevant success story or value proposition through written and verbal communication.
· Ability to persuade and influence others.
· Ability to quickly establish rapport with contacts at all levels of an organization in order to navigate to the appropriate executive.
· Excellent time management and organization skills.
· Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
· Working knowledge of customer relationship management systems (i.e. Salesforce.com, Oracle, etc.)
· Working knowledge of web conferencing software (i.e. WebEx, etc.)
· Experience with Marketing Automation tools a plus
· Ability to successfully and independently identify and resolve problems
· Detail oriented
· Professional presence
· A hunter with a farmer sensibility
· Ability to learn and think quickly
· At least one Asian language outside of English
· Familiarity with hospitality technology industry
· Familiarity with pricing, decision optimization or business intelligence concepts
· Familiarity with lead conversion metrics
· Ability to travel occasionally