Our client is one of the three largest travel management companies in the world. Their Meetings & Events energizes and streamlines the business of meetings and incentives by offering event-level and enterprise-level solutions.
Are you ready for a challenging and exciting endeavor that will require the investment of a lot of hard work, dedication and all your experience? Are you ready to bring your skills, competencies and experience to support their Meetings & Events in enhancing their Asia Pacific business? Do you have a solid understanding of the MICE industry and proven project management experience? You might be exactly the new team member they are looking for.
The Managing Director, APAC has overall responsibility to successfully develop, grow and maintain the Meetings & Events business in the Asia Pacific Region. With strong commercial focus, this role manages multiple direct reports and their related functions of responsibility, including local and regional sales/business development, operations and account management. There will be dotted reporting lines with global functions such as industry relations, technology, finance, human resources etc.
The Managing Director, APAC also assumes responsible for achieving regional and country goals related to client acquisition/business development, client retention, employee satisfaction, profitability, quality service, preferred supplier maximization, and technology implementation & usage. This includes but not limited to all unique Meetings, Events, Incentive Travel, and related country opportunities as well as multi-national/global SMM (Strategic Meetings Management) opportunities.
• Member of the company M&E's senior leadership team; provide direction aligning with the company M&E's goals/objectives
• Prepares and lead Country Directors in business planning, ensuring actions are developed and executed to meet the company's strategic objectives
• Define and implement annual budget plans and oversees regular reporting of results to global finance
• Assumes full P&L accountability of the APAC Region, tight oversight of country budgets and achieve company targets annually
• Evaluates and approves pricing for prospective and rebid situations with clients and vendors applying regional/country economics
• Participates in and supports negotiation process for client, vendor contracts and Service Level Agreements that are win-win for the company and client/vendor
• Engage with clients and gain trust and credibility, position team and ensure operations excellence
• Responsible for due diligence, recommendation of partnership or acquisition strategies to fulfil the company M&E APAC needs in the marketplace
• Establishes and ensures achievement of sales growth and profitability targets
• Specific accountability to maintain and grow local and regional Meetings & Events business as well as the Global Strategic Meetings Management business unit
• Be a brand ambassador for BCD M&E, internally and externally
• Successfully liaise with the company Travel senior management to ensure positive collaboration and culture at all times
• Team with Business Development and global SMM business unit to assist with sales strategy, proposal development, pricing, presentations and closing businesses
• Creates plans for expansion of existing client and seeks new business opportunities whether in vendor, marketing, sales, products offered or solutions delivered
• Takes an active role working with Marketing to communicate company and industry updates to employees, customers and vendors
• Further develop and enhance company culture
• Forecast, report and actively manage financials with executive team monthly, quarterly and annually
• Be proactive and anticipatory with operational trends, continually seek and implement operational efficiencies and implement necessary changes in a timely manner
• Work collaboratively with local in-country teams for shared services support
• Manages direct report performance, development and succession planning; ensures all downline managers do the same
• University degree in business or equivalent preferred
• Minimum 8 years' experience in the meeting & events industry
• Minimum 7 years management experience with demonstrated proficiency in leadership expertise and people management capabilities
• Minimum 5 years' experience working directly in APAC with a high level knowledge and understanding of APAC culture, protocol, sales environment and operational delivery expectations
• Entrepreneurial with a desire to build a successful business (financially healthy, growing and sustainable)
• Fluency in English and a second major language applicable to APAC (an added advantage) for liaising with APAC stakeholders
• Ability to travel up to 50%