The CompanyOur client is a well established, international chain hotel located in the heart of Singapore.
The Hygiene Officer is responsible for all hygiene aspects related to the front and back of restaurant, bar and event that is delivered to our guests include being responsible for the cleanliness and hygiene of various areas and kitchens within the hotel. He has to maintain a leadership position in taking charge of these areas while scheduling the appropriate manpower necessary for tasks to be completed in a timely manner.
Team play, along with patience is imperative to be able to develop and interact with the long standing team in place. The coordination of effective and efficient resource allocation through establishing a flexible workforce based on multi-skilling and multi-tasking is also a requirement. Being a visionary, thinking beyond the boundaries and leading by example are expected and not requested.
Strategic planning and implementation
· Ensure that hygiene and operating equipments meet hotel and PPHR standards.
· Implement and comply with a successful business plan in terms of RB&E Operating equipment expenses.
· Function as an active participating member of the Hotel’s R B & E team.
· To organise and be involved in all aspect of Hygiene audit of the hotel.
· To co-operate with all Outlet Chefs related to his assigned section, i.e. Cafe Restaurant, Specialty Restaurant, Bakery, Banquet Kitchen.
· Schedule rosters for all associates in the Stewarding Department and ensure that manpower is used efficiently.
· Regularly supervise the associates under his care to ensure that hygiene and sanitation is maintained at required levels in the hotel.
· Coach associates under his care and equip them with the necessary skills to complete the required tasks.
· To discuss quality factors and defects of purchased goods with the Executive Chef to determine value and corrective action when necessary.
· Responsible of all cleaning activities to ensure efficiency and high standards of operations in all restaurants, bars and events.
· Ensures cleanliness and quality of all operating equipment in all restaurants, bars and event spaces are of a very high standard.
· Communicate effectively the hotel strategies to his team (where appropriate).
· Ensure supplier audits and tracking is completed regularly
· To conduct regular hygiene audits in conjunction with the Outlet Chef in his areas of responsibility.
· Attaining and maintaining the sanitation (HACCP or similar) certificates as required by the regional governing body
· To assist the Materials Manager in the cost effective purchasing of cleaning products.
· To monitor and analyze the cleaning contract and product of other hotel.
· To monitor cleaning machinery are regular service to ensure they are well kept.
· To work with Material Manager and Executive Chef to monitor and negotiated for the best service and price for all cleaning contract ( e.g Ecolab, Pest control )
· To ensure that the hotel complies with all Food Hygiene related Laws and Regulations of Singapore and its relevant authorities.
· Interest in of hotel operations,
· Experienced in managing diverse relationships, i.e. Multi-Cultural / Racial teams as well as local communities. High energy personality – engaging.
· Experience in large business hotel environments.
· WSQ Conduct Food and Beverage Hygiene Audit
· Advanced Food Hygiene Certificate
· HACCAP Certification
· Diploma in Hotel Management