Our client is a leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Their mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through their online marketplace and they're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
As a part of that family, our client is a rapidly expanding business unit focused on emerging markets growth, while having that same commitment to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental that creates unforgettable travel experiences together.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the company for an experienced and accomplished SEO professional with a successful track record in driving Organic search in a leading internet-based brand.
The role requires a high impact individual with the experience of Search within the Asian region to lead, develop and implement targeted strategies that deliver performance. Successful candidates will be attracted by the prospect of working as part of a small entrepreneurial team within a larger organisation.
To successfully support the growth of the company brand in Asia, we require a Head of SEO. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the SEO Manager will be responsible for defining, executing and optimising strategy and plans to deliver on our Search targets.
The Head of SEO will also ensure the company brand holds a competitive presence and share-of-voice in local Search engines (Bing, Baidu and Google). This will be done with the ultimate objective of contributing to increased revenue, conversion and profitability.
Be proactive in content, link building and product planning and liaise with the rest of the marketing team to ensure consistency and synergy between site merchandising/landing pages and SEO activity. Manage on-page and off-page optimisation, using data to drive and support decisions:
A successful candidate will be expected to:
· Be a proficient English speaker with deep knowledge of the market, with fluency in another Asian language an advantage.
· Conduct keyword research and selection via scientific and competitive methods.
· Lead and manage content idea generation, production, and plan syndication and publishing
· Definition of metadata, structure, mark-ups, and effective copywriting of snippets.
· Link-building program definition and management that complies with search engine guidelines.
· Provide regular quantitative and qualitative reporting to monitor and optimise performance as well as pre-empt any performance decline and act on, and communicate, performance issues swiftly.
· Manage competitive presence: use web-ranking reports to constantly check and drive our positioning, regularly monitor competitors’ performance and activities, and benchmark and drive the company against these.
· Keep up with knowledge on SEO tactics with a view to bring effective & measurable improvements.
· Manage external freelancers and agencies where applicable to ensure delivery of Services in a quality and results-driven manner.
· Be an active contributor to the global SEO Group via pro-active sharing of best practices and representation of the Asian region.
· 5-8 years of direct hands-on experience in defining, delivering and optimising SEO initiatives in a corporate environment (client or agency side).
· Proven track record in successfully delivering against objectives, gaining coverage and improving SEO rankings.
· Extensive knowledge of the search engine landscape, search engine algorithms and ranking strategies across Asia.
· Experience in managing freelancers and agencies.
· Expertise in using standard tools such as Google Analytics, Web-ranking tools and acting on findings appropriately.
· Able to perform complete onsite and offsite SEO audit of the site to find improvement points
· Experience in using CMS systems and some understanding of technical languages (e.g. XHTML, HTML, XML, CSS, SQL).
· Educated to at least degree level.
· First class execution skills.
· Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
· Technical knowledge to recollect proper requirements for Developers
· Team player with a positive attitude and commercial focus.
· Be able to work independently and keep track of deliverables on a constant basis.
· Clear and confident communicator able to build and manage positive relationships.
· Successful at managing multiple priorities in a fast-pace environment, with a flexible approach and excellent communication skills.
· Pro-active outlook, with a strong ‘can do’ attitude - attention to details.
· Experience of working in the classified, travel, online marketplace or retail sectors preferred but not essential.