Our client are a Global Destination and Event Management company in over 38 countries and more than 100 destinations around the world. Their understanding of different cultures and industry practices helps them to ensure their client’s events are successful.
They provide services in Global Destination Management, Event design and production, strategic meetings management and professional congress organisation.
This role will be coordinating with the Country Manager, directly leads the Company's rest of the management team, by ensuring that the team has the necessary guidelines, processes to developing and managing Corporate MICE business to achieve pre-defined and pre-agreed targets.
- Seconds the Country Manager in the management of The Company
- Meets every week with the rest of the Management Team to decide jointly on how to handle the weekly business
- Oversee a team of 4 – 7 Account Managers.
- Brainstorm with the rest of the Management Team on large programs and make decisions
- Guide and Coach team regarding the ongoing event projects under the teams management.
- Promote a culture of teamwork and open communication across the team and with the other teams across the regions
- Recruit team as necessary together with Human Resources business partners. Interview and provide feedback on all hiring and human resource decisions
- Join GM Pipeline call to support the Country Manager on following on the financial performance
- Proposes and constantly evolves and improve the office processes
- In charge of a list of source markets in the Destination Management area: UK, Australia, Domestic MICE, Asia (strategy and key account management with Sales Managers, tradeshows …)
- Own and manage projects from A to Z, including top projects managed by The Company
- Assign RFPs : understanding the complexity of RFP, evaluating Gross Margin, balancing workload of staff…
- Keep good local industry relationships and develop them. Together with the other members of the Company's management team, maintain long term relationship with hotels, ground transportation companies, guides ….for better prices and better service
- Together with the other members of the Company's management team, direct the pricing strategy – working closely with Finance. Determine a DMC service segmentation to preserve margins (FIT, transfers only service …)
- Gather market intelligence on competitors in the Country