Our client belongs to one of the largest conglomerates, listed in Sri Lanka with existing properties in the country as well as in the Maldives. They will be opening their iconic 800 key 5 star deluxe hotel and will be positioned as an Integrated Resort, with large scale banquet and conference halls - on par with other regional IRs in Asia.
- The General manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel, to day-to-day staff management and guests.
- He / She should be an ambassador for the brand and the hotel, provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction.
- The GM will lead a team of dynamic professionals to deliver world class standard in service and F&B operations to exceed customer expectations.
- This person shall also play a strategic role in the company, by growing the brand, whilst staying ahead of competing international hotel brands in Colombo in terms of revenue and customer satisfaction.
- The GM shall also lead by example, motive and energize the entire team to deliver superior service
- The General Manager would also be required to manage profitability and guest satisfaction measures, and ultimately deliver the financial, sustainability and people related objectives of the Board.
- The position will also play the role of Sector Head, where this person will be responsible for the strategic oversight and execution of the same for the hotels under management. The GM’s of the other 3 x city hotels will report into this person.
- The General Manager will be responsible for developing the strategic positioning of the new property, the pre-opening activities followed by the opening of the hotel, overseeing the training of the hotel staff, and establishing best in class guest service standards.
- Oversee the operations functions of the hotel, as per the Organizational chart.
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel's annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and management.
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impact strategies
- Closely monitor the hotel's business reportson a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food & Beverage, Admin & General, on target and accurate.
- Maximizing room yield and hotels / resort revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment and services.
- Coordination with HOD's for the execution of all activities and functions.
- Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with department heads on a daily basis.
- Manage and develop the Hotel Executive team to ensure career progression and development.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Lead in all aspects of business planning.
- Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
- At least 15 to 20 years experience in the hospitality industry, with significant luxury and international experience, including experience in developing the strategy for large properties, and managing the initial opening of the property.
- A Sri Lankan connection, and/or an understanding of the Sri Lankan culture will be an added advantage.
- You must also come with sufficient prior experience in a large scale Integrated Resort / Casio.
- Must work well under pressure with a good track record of achievements
- A team player, works well at all levels
- Pre-opening experience is essential and key to this role
- You must have prior multiple hotel / cluster experience