The CompanyOur client is a key player in Singapore in developing unique boutique hotels in key locations, focusing on delivering a unique product for short and long term customers.
This will be a pre-opening role. You will develop and implement sales and marketing strategies for the hotel to ensure revenue and room night sales goals are achieved, sales and marketing strategies are set, tactical plans are created and implemented, and results are monitored and achieved.
You must be a marketing, e-commerce and digital revenue expert and be in a good position, with the help of the Revenue Manager, to effectively steer the hotels in the right direction, for maximum optimisation with a strong focus on the Transient Market Segment.
You must be able to effectively design and implement a workable marketing plan and at the same time, build your own sales team, who will be selling multiple products.
We looking for a charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve budgeted revenues and personal/team sales goals and maximise profitability. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans.
- Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume
- Review monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyse current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Create and develop special events and sales blitzes to showcase the hotel to potential clients. Attend trade shows and major market events locally and nationally to promote new business and increase sales and marketing opportunities for the hotel.
- Direct day-to-day sales activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance, and recognise good performance.
- Educate, train and motivate sales and marketing teams to achieve hotel revenue goals. Ensure staff has the information, market data, tools and equipment to successfully carry out job duties.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and outside contacts
- Identify operational problems that reduce the effectiveness of marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with appropriate department on solutions.
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community, may serve as the hotel representative for media related inquiries.
- Work closely with key business leaders, officials, and representatives of local community groups within the city to ensure constant high profile exposure for the hotel.
- Work with advertising agencies, consulting firms, and vendors to maximise advertising investments and ensure ads represent brand identity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years experience as Director of Sales and Marketing, preferably with prior exposure to small / boutique hotels
- Strong leadership to drive the room catering and communication teams
- Sound knowledge in Revenue Management, Sales Distribution and Marketing
- Excellent English proficiency, as well as communication and presentation skills
- Extensive professional networking, also with media
- Degree in hotel management or business development will be an advantage
- Able to build a team and deliver results