Our client has evolved over the years and is known as a leading global provider of comprehensive hospitality guest services applications and solution design services for individual hotels, international chain hotels and integrated resorts. With three decades of experience, the company has provided extensive solutions to more than 5,000 hotels with over 8,000 installations in 32 countries.
- This is a brand new role at a Global level. We are looking for that first person to build this business unit from the ground up.
- The Global Director Channel Partners (GDCP) will recruitment, maintain and expand relationships with new / existing channels and partners.
- Responsibilities include managing and targeting the different tiers within the channel/partner strategy; work closely with the regional and country sales structures; ultimate responsibility for achieving sales, profitability and channel/partner objectives at a global level.
- Achieving sales, profitability and partner recruitment/strategic objectives
- Recruit, develop, win, maintain and expand relationships with existing and new channel/partners
- Drive adoption of company programs among assigned channel/partners
- Ensures channel/partner compliance with agreements and standard best practise
- Manages potential channel/partner conflict by fostering excellent communication internally and externally and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service and management resources in order to meet performance objectives and channel/partners expectations
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets and critical milestones associated with a productive channel/partner relationship
- Proactively assesses, clarifies and validates channel/partner needs on an ongoing basis
- Achieves assigned sales quota
- Achieves assigned expectations on profitability
- Gains high channel/partner satisfaction ratings
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame
- 15+ years’ experience across sales, strategic business development, partner and/or channels
- Extensive experience and a proven, demonstrable, track record in driving incremental growth through channel/partner relationships
- Ability to understand channel/partner business priorities
- Identify opportunities for the creation of value for channel/partners and customers
- Successful enterprise software and consultative selling capabilities at C-level in both channel/partner and customer environments
- Good organisational skills, capable of handling tactical items while never losing sight of longer term strategic goals
- Deep knowledge of and experience in the Hospitality Industry
- Strong analytical skills coupled with a broad understanding of the technology used within the Hospitality industry today (future insight very helpful)
- Knowledge of SaaS utilised in a two or three tier channel/partner strategy
- Solid interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Additional languages will be noted as a major plus
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related field is required
- MBA is strongly preferred
- Use of Microsoft Office related products - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Use of CRM software - Salesforce, Sugar
- Use of Social Media - LinkedIn, WebEx, SharePoint