Our client, aLuxury Hotel Group cluster is seeking a dynamic Sales & Marketing professional with a strong MICE background to oversee the entire functions of the Sales & Marketing and Conventions teams.
- Responsible for the strategic direction of Sales & Marketing
- Responsible for formulating an annual Business Plan. The plan should incorporate clear and specific action plans for all departments. In addition, be responsible for setting annual KPI’s for all members of the Sales and Marketing teams.
- Responsible for achieving the Hotels total Rooms and Catering revenues as laid out in the Annual Business Plan.
- Accountable for achieving the RevPAR of the hotels as outlined in the budget each year.
- Establish and implement a strategic rate structure for all market segments along with a plan on all activities to achieve each market segments revenue.
- Accountable for controlling all of the Sales and Marketing Budget expenses to the annual budget level.
- Direct the hotel’s sales activities through the Director of Sales & Marketing and each Director of Sales, and ensure that the Sales Team meet their goals as laid out in the Annual Business Plan.
- Plan key overseas trade and travel shows, i.e. trade shows and local Hotel and Tourist Association meetings to promote sales and the overall image for the hotel.
- Plan and where appropriate, execute sales trips to major market areas and report new potential markets that should be covered.
- Continually analyse and review local and international market changes, looking for new opportunities and opening new markets to the hotel.
- Maintain client relationships with all key decision makers both in local and international markets.
- Establish and own relationships with Regional and Global Sales Offices to promote the hotel and ensure regional sales support.
- Champion the Loyalty program to ensure the hotel maximises revenue opportunities through it.
- At least 10 years’ Sales & Marketing experience in the hospitality industry preferably in a General Manager or Senior Director of Sales & Marketing role in very large convention hotel or Regional Sales & Marketing role with oversight of several properties with large conference facilities
- Professional Qualifications/Certificates in Sales & Marketing
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and or relevant computer applications required
- Possess good communication skills at all levels of management, with one’s peers and with other departments
- Possess leadership quality
- Ability to make decisions independently
- Ability to manage and develop a sales portfolio of clients
- Ability to learn quickly and think laterally
- Persuasive, able to close sales
- Team Player
- Results orientated
- Dynamic and able to work under pressure
- Independent and self-motivated
- Strong Social Media experience
- Adaptable, agile and strong negotiator