Our client is a market leader in Singapore and is fast expanding with multiple award winning concepts and brands located in several locations.
The General Manager (the “GM”) is a visible, energetic and ethical leader who develops, maintains and promotes a management philosophy that culminates in guest satisfaction and employee engagement, while consistently achieving annual and long term financial and strategic plans.
Accountable for the Concept’s business performance, the General Manager sets the overall goals in alignment with the strategic direction envisioned for the business. S/He has overall management responsibility, and is to maintain high standards of excellence and corporate governance in all aspects of the Concept’s operations including food and beverage.
As a member of the Company’s management team, s/he will actively represent the Club’s mission and values as appropriate at Board meetings and external events.
- Maintaining an active and positive involvement from the Board; gaining its support to build a culture of Member focus, quality and service; soliciting input on specific issues which affect the Members; reporting the "state of the Club" on a regular basis through Board Meetings.
- Working with Membership, Marketing & Events Department to develop aggressive sales, marketing and revenue plans and direct successful implementation, following established financial plans and revenue guidelines in all areas.
- Setting club goals, both qualitative and quantitative. Develop business and financial plans for club. Monitor club performance according to plan on a regular basis and taking appropriate actions as needed to assure expected revenues are realized from each operating area in the Club.
- Work with Department Heads to develop and implement actions to ensure club's performance from each operating area is according to plan.
- Involve all Club Operating Partners in generating revenue through constant communication on the importance of continuous income stream. Research and analyze current and future market areas, and develop sales strategy based on facts.
- Actively market Club Memberships, Member services and Club facilities to attract new Members and achieve revenue objectives.
- Work with VP of Corporate Development to ensure all financial control systems are in place with close monitoring of all department expenses including revenue to payroll ratio. Ensure appropriate forecasting systems are utilized and are accurate.
- Ensure all Club Policies & Procedures, including but not limited to Constitution and Bye-Laws, are adhered to and ensure all Club employees, Operating Partners, Members and guests, are accountable for compliance of these Policies & Procedures, where applicable.
- Maintain exceptional Member Relations and facilities by creating a quality environment through staffing, programming, service operations, and maintenance.
- Identify opportunities for Member events, food and beverage services, social and recreational facilities that satisfy on-going Member needs and implement to achieve revenue objectives.
- Recruit, select and develop qualified employees, including Department Heads, to understand the relationships between value, Member Satisfaction and Member retention/attrition.
- Work with VP of Corporate Development to ensure sound human resources systems are in place to develop employees for career advancement through the use of Performance Review Systems, Cross Training, and Development Planning.
- Actively participate in Club events, acting to facilitate Members to create their own value, making use of significant contact as a means of gathering feedback.
- Ensure all Members receive the level of attention and service necessary to exceed their expectations. Ensure follow up on serious Member complaints/concerns quickly and effectively.
- Monitor Member attrition. Develop action plans to curtail Member attrition and maintain it at the lowest possible level.
- Completing all required financial and administrative reporting/audits accurately and on time. Assuring all accounting practices are in compliance with the company's established accounting policies and procedures.
- Responsible to conduct oneself as a representative for the Company's management team, by visibly supporting and implementing policy and demonstrating high standards of ethics and integrity with Members, peers and employees.
- At least 8 years of F&B operations and leadership experience in the hospitality and/or F&B industry
- Executive presence with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Well-developed skill set and demonstrated professional track record in the areas of
- F&B operations management; with experience in managing overall operating budget (P&L)
- Strategic planning and business development
- Budgeting, financial analysis and cost-based management
- Talent management and development
- Supplier relationship management
- Project management and change leadership
- Degree in Business Administration, Hospitality, or related field of study