Our client has it’s head office in Bangkok (near Wireless Road) as well as offices in other key Thai cities as well as in Yangon, Myanmar. A team of over 60+ dynamic and enthusiastic employees who have helped to make it the company it is today, ensuring continued growth and developing customized solutions for our many customers in both Thailand and Myanmar.
Our client is looking for a General Manager who is ready to enter the next phase of the business and who is able to understand and develop new opportunities in the fast changing and world of online bookings and other exciting travel related technologies.
The General Manager reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for implementing the company’s business plans to achieve agreed targets and profitability.
The role is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Overseeing and managing the daily operations of the company
- Developing and implementing sales strategies and business plans to achieve segment, revenue and profitability targets
- Spearhead, lead and take ownership of strategic growth plans, working with the relevant client departments and individuals.
- Liaising and further strengthening relationships with existing and new travel partners, including travel agents, OTA’s and airlines.
- Initiate marketing and promotional campaigns and increase awareness of our brand, product and excellent customer service offering and abilities
- Managing budgets and maintaining statistical/financial records
- Motivating, managing and training key department team members
- Managing and analyzing operational reports
- Reporting to the Board of Directors on the performance of the Company
Successful candidate must possess:
- Degree Educated, MBA an advantage
- 10 years travel related experience with at least 5 years in a managerial role
- Strong leadership skills, strategic and critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Strong relationship, interpersonal and influencing skills at all levels up to Board level and experience managing a business as partner to a global corporation.
- Self-motivated with strong analytical and planning skills
- Excellent understanding of the latest Information and Communication Technology (ICT) solutions and trends
- Able to adapt and work efficiently under pressure and in a local as well as international environment
- Must have a “can do” attitude, be flexible, a motivator and willing to adapt to ongoing changes, both internal and external.
- Prior experience in managing Information Systems and Technology teams responsible for setting ICT Strategy, delivering ICT solutions and providing end-user support and training.
- Prior experience working in and/or with a multinational organization an advantag
- Must be proficient in English (Thai language an advantage)