A growing Travel Agency in Singapore who specializes in providing the best cruise deals globally. As a fast-growing retail brand, they also have offices in the United Kingdom and Australia. Working with the world’s premier cruise lines.
The Primary purpose of the role is to profitably grow the business of the company in Singapore. The objective is to develop a hybrid model cruise retail business that consists of voice to voice, face to face and online bookings. The successful candidate will need to firmly grow the business and define and implement the commercial strategy to drive its increased growth, development and market share.
Crucially, the candidate will need to be able to influence colleagues both within the company, and the parent company by presenting win/win opportunities and outcomes. The company priority is to support the promotional sales activity of the organisation and provide additional fulfillment services for the sales of product.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate and dynamic leader, ideally with a strong track record in cruise booking businesses and who is seen as a leader, will possess a can‐do attitude and is capable of executing tasks with minimal supervision.
- Liaise with colleagues both within the company and also its parent company to implement an agreed business plan to successfully grow the business in Singapore including sales, recruitment, regulatory compliance, website, procedures and policies, and supplier relationships.
- Develop and execute a robust commercial and sales strategy in order to ensure the business meets its market share and profitability targets.
- Plan, build and deliver an attractive product range and customer offering, ensuring achievement of optimal yield and volume within company guidelines.
- Measure and control sales objectives and metrics.
- Rapidly respond to competitor activity and consumer needs.
- Direct and incentivize sales staff.
- Develop strong commercial relationships including suppliers, partners and 3rd party agencies.
- Create and implement clear online strategies and maximise effectiveness of technology capabilities.
- Maintain excellent standards in service delivery and product quality to drive high customer retention.
In concert with the Digital Marketing team
- Develop marketing plans consistent with overall brand guidelines wherever possible leveraging group synergies.
- Continue to increase overall brand awareness and preference and healthy mix between past guests, new to brand and new to cruises.
- Develop aggressive promotional and tactical pricing opportunities.
- Develop effective communication strategy within the constraints of a limited budget to achieve optimal returns.
- Grow brand awareness through targeted direct marketing activity.
Effective management of all budgets, including:
- Overall Sales and Administration costs in line with agreed targets.
- Accurate monthly and quarterly forecasting.
- Develop an annual detailed operating plan and budget.
- Ensure compliance with legal and fiscal regulations.
- Robust negotiation processes in place for all significant expenditures.
- Tender processes in place where appropriate.
- Complete monthly reporting within corporate deadlines.
In concert with the Head of Human Resources, APAC
- Recruit, develop and motivate a dedicated and highly capable team.
- Develop a ‘people strategy’ to ensure we retain a committed and motivated team.
- Ensure compliance with employment legislation
- Evaluate personal development needs
- Develop very strong working relationships and synergies with the organisation Management Team globally.
- Responsibility for overseeing the company’s IT and technology solutions, including working with third party providers for services such as API feeds and GDS.
- Perform other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job‐related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Degree level education (desirable)
- Minimum 3 years in a leadership environment
- Management experience from within the travel/tourism/leisure industry
- Good understanding of the web, both the dynamics of natural listings and consumer side would be an advantage
- Customer services experience (desirable)
- Good knowledge of cruise industry (desirable)
- Ability to think and act strategically and tactically, and lead by example in a small team.
- Proven commercial track record of delivering profitable performance in a dynamic travel environment
- Strategic understanding of the travel industry and particularly current trends
- Passion and track record for planning and delivery of excellent customer experience
- Ability to work and build strong relationship in matrix organisation.
- Demonstrates strong technical/operational knowledge
- An inspirational individual providing clear leadership, with the ability to command the respect of staff and suppliers which meet the company’s objectives
- Highly motivated and positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and to specific timescales
- High standard of communication skills both written and verbal
- Flexible on working hours and travel