The CompanyOur client is a high end luxury resort located within the Indonesian archipelago.
Whilst directing and leading the daily operations to also assist in the development and business components of the hotel through providing effective and relationship oriented leadership.
He/She must be able to coordinate effective and efficient resource allocation through establishing a flexible workforce based on multi-skilling and multi-tasking.
He/She should take time to get to know the guests and be committed to service excellence. Team play is imperative and having the time to invest in self and associate development is mandatory.
Responsible for developing and implementing annual and medium term strategies, championing projects and objectives to achieve profitability and business growth targets as set and agreed by the resort. Besides a visionary, thinking beyond the boundaries and leading by example are expected and not requested.
Strategic planning and implementation
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the annual business plan and medium term strategies, as well as establishing key performance objectives and plans to ensure the hotel meet its business targets and drives sustainable profitable growth
- Be an active participant in the strategic marketing approach to ensure exposure
- Overall responsibility of all hotel activities to ensure efficiency and high standards of operations in all areas of hotel.
- Drives high levels of guest satisfaction through the consistent execution of all Corporate brand standards, visible operational leadership, active trend analysis and hands-on interaction with guests and associates.
- Has proven ability to create innovative and integrated guests experience in guest accommodation
- Create an operational environment of education and empowerment that energizes associates to focus on guest preferences and aspirations, allowing for the creation of memorable guest experiences.
- Continuous focus on employee satisfaction and ensures continuous improvement action plans are executed effectively, and as need, with a focus on a team and succession planning culture.
- Communicate effectively the hotel strategies and situation awareness to all partners
- Collaborate with associates to continually review and refresh operational offerings as deemed by locality and region.
- Cultivate a culture of exploring new strategies on how revenue streams can be developed.
- Keep ahead of industry trends (you should set the trends rather than follow)
- Oversees the timely development and completion of the annual budgets and to regularly monitor performance and assume responsibility for its achievement.
- Responsible for the productive deployment of operations expense budgets and oversight of the hotel financial and administrative systems in keeping with regulatory and audit guidelines.
- Leading the Management process in proper expenses and cost control with required services and standards and monitoring the performance of all Departments in this process.
- Actively endeavors to achieve or exceed budgeted GOP and financial targets via Revenue Generation and cost control.
- Has proven ability to engineer Hotel costs to achieve profit maximization without impacting Brand Standards or Guest Expectations.
Human Capital Management and Development
- Support the develop human capital to ensure on-going management staff capability development through its selection, performance management, learning and education programs.
- Implementation of succession planning programs at the hotel, incorporating the development of management competencies as in line with the guidelines.
- Coach, counsel and mentor associates when required
- Lead by example through passionate, hands on approach.
- Ensures active implementation and adherence to Brand Standards.
- Understand the role as standards mentor and continue to develop and strive to deliver higher service standards than guest expectations.
- Either Diploma or Degree from a recognized hospitality / tertiary institution and/or have gained 10 years of senior management experiences in hotel industry.
- A GM with a minimum of 3 years' international experience required
- You mush have prior resort experience with preference for prior positions in Asia / Indonesia
- Oversight of hotel operations, with a strong background in either Rooms, Food & Beverage or Sales and Marketing, including a proven track record in managing financials and revenue generation
- Experience in managing diverse relationships, i.e Management Company, Hotel Owners and local regulatory authorities as well as local communities
- Good understanding of Marketing with experience or focus in social media and local market strategies
- Understanding and interest in revenue management (for both rooms and F&B)
- Strong results oriented, strategic leader with sound business judgement
- Strong personality with a high level of effective communication
- Highly adaptable with ability to lead and direct changes
- Ability to develop high performance teams and to motivate and mentor future leaders
- Strong adaptability and ability to integrate and work with the local community
- Creativity and innovation focused to be the trend setter rather than the follower or others