The CompanyOur client is a Singapore based company carrying an internationally recognised limited service brand and is fast expanding in the region.
As General Manager, the incumbent is accountable for the Strategy and Leadership of the hotel focusing on financial performance, service excellence and brand standards by providing leadership and guidance to the team. He /She is also responsible for successful positioning of the hotel in the market, balancing the needs of all stakeholders; guests, associates, owners and corporate office alike and to realise the Group’s overall vision, purpose and values and long term financial success.
- Oversees the Operations of the Hotel, strategies and policies, and ensure alignment of goals and objectives of the Group’s strategic directions.
- Formulates, develops and ensures implementation and overall operational outcomes of business plans for the hotel.
- Provide effective leadership to all functions directing the disciplines in all areas needed, and ensures hotel operations meet annual business and profit
targets and drives sustained profitable growth.
- Monitors financial and management control policies and procedures and responsible for P&L for the Hotel, ensuring financial objectives and outcomes are achieved.
- Leads the development and consolidation of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the hotel into the Balanced Scorecard.
- Ensures high calibre talent are acquired and retained throughout the group by creating a culture of rewarding high performance teams which is in line with company’s philosophy.
- Drives effective communication with staff at all levels and institutionalize a culture of accountability and continuous improvement.
- Communicates effectively the hotel’s strategies and situation awareness to all partners: Owner, Management Company and Associates. Fully understand the existing Management Agreements (HMAs) and abide by the HMA to ensure proper management of the property and its operations standards.
- Facilitate open and effective communication between corporate office and Owners/Asset Managers.
- Minimum of 5 - 8 years’ experience as a General Manager in the hotel industry with
pre-opening experience and must have prior limited service experience.
- Proven track record of successfully managing Hotel Operations.
- Able to established positive reputation in dealing with hotel owners and asset managers and experienced in situations with high level involvement of owners.
- Proven ability to enhance performance across all areas (financial, guest satisfaction, institutional efficiency, employee satisfaction, owner
- Must understand Sales & Marketing, distribution and channel management.
- Is an Innovator capabale of product developments.
- Korean experience essential with a strong command of verbal and written English