The CompanyOur client is a regional leader in the F&B and concept restaurant arena. Having just set up their regional HQ in Singapore, they are expanding rapidly with multiple restaurants and concepts opening in the region.
Provide accurate financial accounting, management reporting and budgetary control services as directed and in accordance with accounting policies.
1. Support the CFO in the preparation of the budget and company plan documentation for submission.
2. Collect and prepare data for periodical financial and commercial reports submitted by the FD to MD, Department Head and Regional and Corporate Finance.
3. Distribute management accounts, review actual expenditure and submit budget variance updates to FD and managers as required.
4. Maintain daily control on expenditure in line with policy and ensure that correct authorizations for expenditure are received prior to commitments being made.
5. Responsible for the payment of invoices against statements after appropriate authority.
6. Supervise a team of accountants on a day to day basis.
7. Responsible for the preparation of petty cash analysis/ reimbursement.
8. Review journal entries as booked by Accounting Staff, covering, sales/cost of sales, depreciation, prepayments, insurance, claims and other provisions, ensuring entry in the general ledger.
9. Review fixed assets register as maintained by Accounting Staff
10. Check/ verify detail of each general ledger account, intra-branch account (prepared by accounting staff) as required by company policy.
11. Provide accounting support to the Admin Assistant to ensure that full and accurate provision is made for royalties in the accounts.
12. Undertake analysis and preparatory work for local statutory accounts, including audit trail and reconciliation to management accounts.
13. Work with external auditor to ensure that the yearly audit is carried out in a timely manner.
14. Supervise the completion of the cashbook and ensure regular reconciliation to bank statements.
15. Plan and organize timely accurate preparation of the company all tax filings and other filing for regulatory constituencies.
16. Carries out buying activities of stationery & printing including office supplies.
1. University Graduate (preferably a qualified accountant)
2. Minimum 4 years experience preferably in the multi-national company
3. Good knowledge of local Taxation
4. Ability to work under pressure
5. Fluent in English
6. Proactive management style
7. Good communication skill
8. Prior exposure to the F&B - restaurant arena is essential