The CompanyOur client is a well established holding company based in Indonesia with a diverse range of investments in the country and is renowned for its innovation, integrity and dependability. Well steeped in luxury, our client owns and manages one of the most recognizable and fast expanding luxury brands in the region.
The Executive Chef is integral in linking all facets of cuisine and then delivering these to guests. He/ She must interact with presence, flair and creativity and be able to showcase his/her talents and develop these talents in that of the team. Team play, along with patience is imperative to be able to develop and interact with the long standing team in place. The coordination of effective and efficient resource allocation through establishing a flexible workforce based on multi-skilling and multi-tasking is also a requirement. Being a visionary, thinking beyond the boundaries and leading by examples are expected and not requested.
Strategic Planning and Implementation
- To find ways to motivate the outlets to ensure revenue and profit maximization (Support and grow the profit share model in signature outlets).
- To implement cooking and hygiene standards in all kitchens for quality and consistency
- Overall responsibility of all culinary activities to ensure efficiency and high standards of operations in all restaurants, bars and events.
- Ensures culinary presentation and quality in all restaurants, bars and event spaces are of a very high standard.
- Drives high levels of guest satisfaction through the consistent execution of all brand standards, visible operational leadership, active trend analysis and hands-on interaction with guests and associates.
- Continually review and refresh menu offerings as deemed by locality and region.
- Communicate effectively the hotel strategies to the culinary team (where appropriate)
- Ensure supplier audits and tracking is completed regularly
- Create new revolutionary standards of product offering through an innovate, passionate, hands on approach.
- To conduct regular hygiene audits in conjunction with the Chief Steward, Hygiene Officers and the Restaurants, Bars and Events Management.
- Attaining and maintaining the sanitation (HACCP or similar) certificates as required by the regional governing body.
- itoring the performance of all the department in this process.
- Has proven ability to engineer culinary costs to achieve profit maximization without impacting Brand Standards or Guest Expectations.
- Establish integrated cost management plan related to daily inventories and market list produce.
- To create, implement and control performance standards for kitchen, stewarding, restaurants & bars so as to achieve the highest possible hygiene and sanitation standards, minimize operating equipment breakage and streamline efficient resource flow.
Business Development and Marketing
- Proven track record in the ability to conceptualize and deliver innovative promotional events
- Ability to interact with media and guests to promote the hotel and the individual restaurants.
Human Capital Management and Development
- Develop and grow the culinary team through leadership , mentorship and coaching to fuel the growth of the team
- Identify and implement departmental training plans to further develop all associates in keeping with Learning & Development guidelines
- Champion programs toward professional certification for associates
- Ensure active implementation and adherence to culinary brand standards and as appropriate, present new standards of operation for review.
- To ensure that the hotel complies with all Food Hygiene related Laws and Regulations and its relevant authorities
- Culinary Diploma or Degree from a recognized hospitality / tertiary institution and/or have gained 5 years of senior culinary experience in hotel industry
- Ideally a current Executive Chef of a large hotel with experience in high volume restaurants and large banqueting
- Possess skills in conceptual design and kitchen planning
- Have the interest in hotel operations, with a strong focus in revenue generation
- Experience in managing diverse relationships, i.e Multi-Cultutal / Racial teams as well as local communities. High energy personality - engaging
- Experience in a large business hotel environment
- Good understanding of Restaurants, Bars & Events Marketing.
- Experience in Asian market with resort experience in the region