Our client is a regional leader and a premier Front Desk Up selling specialist for the hospitality industry for more than 30 years. Delivering proven performance solutions that help over 800 hotel partners worldwide capture more than $200 million USD in incremental revenue annually with an average 2% increase in RevPAR.
Our client's unique combination of education, measurement and performance management tools has been proven to create a more satisfying guest experience as well as higher profits while maintaining our partners’ price integrity with over 85% of hotels who choosing to maintain partnerships with us year after year.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Sales Operations leader who can translate strategy into action, execute plans brilliantly, and are the subject matter expert and ‘go-to’ person for the Sales teams.
A great sales operations leader helps drive sales growth by identifying areas for expansion and improvement. You know you must have the right data to analyse, gather market & competitive research, create meaningful reports for decision making and make recommendations and course corrections before it’s too late
Working under the direction of the Head of Service Operations, who is responsible for all business operations (HR, Legal, Finance, Sales Ops, business process), Global Client service & support, and service delivery, your contribution will be critical for the successful execution of the company’s global expansion strategy by driving sales process optimization and automation to ensure our Hotel clients performance and long-term growth and success.
The Sales Operations leader will play a key part in driving the tone & culture for the sales teams across each of our 5 geographic regions and must bring life to our values while delivering against our goals. Ultimately delivering a best in class customer engagement, support and service.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic leadership to the Sales functions to drive and deliver a high performing sales culture focused on governance, compliance and continuous improvement and innovation across our people, systems and processes.
- Achieve performance objectives by ensuring effective sales processes are in place and driving continuous improvement by proactively monitoring operational performance and reporting on key performance indicators across relevant metrics.
- Design and deliver sales performance insights, analytics and pipeline reporting to enable agile commercial decision making to drive increased sales, drive target customer acquisition and growth.
· Analyze key metrics; coordinating with sales, accounting and marketing teams to develop and implement solutions; and coordinating with local, regional, national, and global sales teams to ensure sales goals are met in a timely fashion and in compliance with best practices and relevant regulations.
· Create reports based on analysis of sales data and present that data to peers and management.
· The sales operations analyst generally works in a high-intensity environment in which they are responsible for several concurrent tasks, which makes the ability to multitask and solve problems quickly important.
· Attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- Measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the sales organization across sales quantity, quality, cost and compliance.
- Manage the financial functions that support the commission and incentive programs for internal sales channels, third party vendors and referrals.
- Ensuring all sales teams have quality engagements with customers. Ensuring that there is a quality framework/system in place with appropriate controls to assure the above is being delivered.
- Own and govern all Sales performance management tools.
- Lead the change management processes for sales, govern and assure their quality.
- Be the primary interface into sales teams for any change.
- Manage the quality delivery of sales fulfilment and resolution of sales exceptions across all customer segments and channels that support achievement of the sales plan and key business targets.
- Manage the operational relationship and be a point of escalation with outsourced providers for the quality delivery of sales fulfilment activity.
- Provide the co-ordination and administrative sales support aspects required for the smooth running of a large people based sales management.
Project Management skills
Effectively project manage initiatives and drive deliverables to completion. Proven ability to use Project Management tool is highly desirable, along with experience in Agile, Change Management, PMI.
Client Relationship skills
Ability to develop and maintain successful working relationship that build long- lasting partnerships with our clients. Enhances opportunities of client referral to sister properties as well as client network.
C-level to Staff Engagement
Experience in communicating and engaging effectively at all levels of the organization, including business owners. Ability to deliver complex information in a way that is easy to understand, in order to facilitate decision making process.
Minimum of 6 years’ experience including consultancy and/or hotel/hospitality industry experience, at managerial level.
Business Plan and Analysis
Evidence of strong analytical and numeracy skills. Ability to develop and present a business case to key stakeholders, using a language appealing to a wide audience.
Systems and Tools
Experience working in 5-star hotel properties.
Fluency in written and spoken English
Problem Solving and effective decision making
Analyzes complex problem by gathering and organizing all relevant information. Identifies cause and effect relationships. Defines an appropriate solution to implement and reviews the outcome of the solution over a period of time to ensure sustainability.
Can be counted on to achieve goals; is consistently a
Results oriented; steadfastly pushes self and motivates others for results. Never satisfied with performance that falls below expectations; demonstrates the ability to adapt behavior to overcome obstacles needed to achieve expected results.
Leader of Self
Strives to lead themselves, and their communities, and foster effective teamwork to drive results. Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Build trusted relationships
Committed to exceptional client service, builds strong relationships with decision makers based on trust.
Manage time effectively, prioritizing activities per importance, and spending the right time on the right activities. Planning activities effectively, setting tight deadlines and working under time pressure is a key skill to possess.
Ensure that team has objective, development plans and regular performance and coaching conversations. Display mature leadership in initiating and managing change in a dynamic environment.
Demonstrates outstanding initiative and commitment towards delivery and always look to raising the delivery standards by welcoming varied work assignments, looking at them as opportunities to gain new knowledge that will be applied in future business situations. Adapt to constantly changing work environments and styles.
Committed to improvement and advancement of self as well as the company. Seeks out new opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Curious and inquisitive
Reveals a genuine inquisitiveness, a bias toward asking and learning, and an authentic interest in others and what they might have to share.
Critically assesses processes, practices, and programs in an effort to identify potential improvement opportunities. Works cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions. Supports innovation and organizational improvement initiatives. Works to implement organizational change. Acts as a champion for change by encouraging peers to embrace change initiatives.
Pays attention to the details and can make a conscious effort to understand causes instead of just the effects. Demonstrates patience and perseverance for pursuing the problem till the reason has been exposed and pro-actively deal and initiate plans for corrective actions.