The Director of sales role is based in Indonesia, reporting to the President, Asia but entails extensive travel within Indonesia region as the individual will be functionally responsible for sales within the Indonesia region.
• To plan and implement the marketing strategies for key Indonesia market, in line with company's sales/ marketing and business plan objectives and targets for increased revenue, sales and market-share position.
• The role involves supporting both existing and new distribution Indonesia.
• This position will be working closely with the Business Development, Marketing and Reservation teams to ensure targets and service expectations are met. You will also be responsible for producing sales report and analysing trends and results.
Developing & Executing Sales Strategies
• Work with the Brand President of the organisation to conceptualise, plan, drive and manage Indonesia Regional sales initiatives to achieve the targeted sales growth.
• Assist with the development and implementation of promotions.
• Provides positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential
• Lead and supervise B2B marketing co-op activities with key trade partners.
• Communicate all product, tour-related, sales and promotion information to all trade partners as well as sales, marketing and reservations teams
• Secure any potential trade and consumer fairs Managing Sales Activities
• Monitors all day to day activities of direct reports.
• Conduct daily sales calls to travel partners
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g. generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Regional travel within Indonesia on product launches and training
• Attend annual Sales Conferences
• Maintains regular contact with portfolio of GSA partners, endeavours to establish new partners to increase sales profitability within the designated sales territory.
• Train General Sales Agents and agents on the products.
• Report on competitor activity and other relevant market information.
Analyzing & Reporting on Sales and Financial Data
• Analyzes market information by using Salesforce and implements strategy to achieve the sales Building Successful Relationships
• Attends consumer events, travel fairs and travel events to maintain, build or develop key relationships with travel partners and consumers.
• Minimum 8 years proven experience working within sales and/or marketing within the Travel Industry, ideally for a multi-national brand.
• Proven successful track record for growing sales, market share and active account base in a competitive market
• Presentation Skills - able to deliver effective presentations; engage as a credible leader and an authority in the premium travel space.
• Drive for Results/Action-Oriented- able to target and achieve results, set challenging goals, show energy and react to opportunity and meet deadlines
• Negotiating- able to negotiate effectively in a positive manner, compromise and find alternate solutions, seek common ground, articulate own and others goals, stay focused on positive outcome.
• Planning and Organization- able to develop detailed sales and marketing plans, manage time, budgets and work flow.
• Customer Focus- able to build customer confidence, set achievable customer expectations, assume responsibility for solving customer problems, ensure commitments to customers are met.
• Interpersonal Savvy- able to use good listening skills, be sensitive to customers and adjust quickly to different personal styles.
• Integrity/Trust- able to deal with others in a straightforward and honest manner, be accountable for actions, maintain confidentiality and uphold company values.
• Composure/Adaptability- able to support change, encourage innovation and new ideas, handle pressure, adjust to meet changing needs, and handle conflict effectively. Digital/Technical: knowledge in digital marketing and understanding of mobile technology and how to harness for sales growth.
• Travel- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required, extensive travel is required throughout Indonesia.
• Thorough knowledge of travel agents