About the Company
Our client is a leading, luxury 5-star hotel group with a portfolio of luxury properties across 4 continents. Their property in Sydney is one of the city’s most well-known and beautifully appointed hotels, with sweeping harbour views and renowned for quality, timeless luxury and genuine service.
About the Role
We are looking for a talented full-time Director of Sales – Corporate to look after the Corporate segment for both the hotel and the Global Sales Office based in Sydney. Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing this position is an integral part of both the hotel's and the Global Sales Office’s overall sales delivery.
This is an opportunity to demonstrate your leadership ability and business acumen, with a dedicated focus on achieving accountable results. A proven track record in Sales delivery is essential, as is your ability to drive KPI results through an engaged and high performing team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Achieve the hotel and Global Sales Office corporate revenue budget and segment targets.
- Assist with budget submission and provide input into planning as directed by the DOSM.
- Achieve the hotel and Global Sales Office corporate meetings revenue budget and segment targets.
- Effectively measure and report on sales results with updated strategies including competitor information
- Work closely with the Director of Sales and Marketing to achieve overall set deliverables.
- Act as the hotel sales contact for clients and customers.
- Establish regular sales visits and call pattern for meetings with principles of target markets, including site inspections, entertainment etc.
- Actively source new accounts and develop existing relationships to meet the corporate yield objectives.
- Overall sales activity management and participation including sales trips to key markets, head office sales missions, sales blitzes, tradeshows, organized industry events.
- Maintain regular contact with the global sales offices and sister hotels.
- Actively coach and mentor other team members to ensure ongoing sales skill development and performance improvement, when appropriate.
- Achieve Global Sales Office contracted global TMC partnership targets.
- Complete overall account strategy plan and monthly action plans for all managed accounts.
- Work with other industry partners (airlines, etc.) to support business objectives.
- Manage own portfolio of key accounts and entertain key contacts of existing and potential accounts.
- Lead strategies and direct sales efforts in Head Office Corporate Volume Accounts based out of Australia.
Skills & Experience
- At least 6 years of working experience in a luxury hotel or global sales environment.
- University graduate in Business/Marketing is preferred or Degree in Tourism, Hospitality, Sales, Marketing, related field.
- A team player who focuses on organizational success and has an entrepreneurial approach on business development.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, able to communicate effectively at all level.
- Self-starter with hands-on approach. Innovative, pragmatic and accommodating to foster team dynamics in a fast moving environment.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to align business objectives with organizational development strategies.
- Sound knowledge of MS office, Opera PMS and Delphi.
- International and domestic travel will be required on occasion.
In return for your specialised service to their guests and dedication to the hotel, they will offer you:
- A competitive salary.
- Great development opportunities.
- Staff meals, discounts on dining & accommodation, complimentary nights at their overseas hotels.