For more than 38 years, our client has been designing the world's finest escorted travel itineraries. As the experts in Europe, Insight offers over 100 journeys across the continent, covering more of Europe than any other operator. Insight Vacations also offers the same legendary high standards and carefully curated itineraries in North America, South America, India, Bhutan, Nepal, Morocco, Egypt and Israel. Their luxury and premium escorted journeys are designed with immense care and an unwavering commitment to exceed our customers’ expectations. From the moment you join one of their tours you can simply relax and enjoy our unique blend of outstanding quality, unequalled access to Europe’s treasures and unmatched comfort and service. Their tours offer exceptional value too, as all of our Signature Experiences are included in the price.
The Director of sales role is based in Bangalore, reporting to the President, Asia but entails extensive travel throughout the Asia region as the individual will be functionally responsible for sales within the Asian region.
The main accountabilities of this position are:
• To plan and implement the marketing strategies for key Bangalore market, in line with company's sales/ marketing and business plan objectives and targets for increased revenue, sales and market-share position.
• The role involves supporting both existing and new distribution India.
This position will be working closely with the Business Development, Marketing and Reservation teams to ensure targets and service expectations are met. You will also be responsible for producing sales report and analysing trends and results.
The role will be hands-on, involving daily sales visits to travel partners and managing travel fairs. You will be assigned to look after some of India's top markets.
Duties & Responsibilities
Developing & Executing Sales Strategies
• Work with the Brand President of the company to conceptualise, plan, drive and manage Bangalore sales initiatives to achieve the targeted sales growth.
• Assist with the development and implementation of promotions.
• Provides positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential
• Lead and supervise B2B marketing co-op activities with key trade partners.
• Communicate all product, tour-related, sales and promotion information to all trade partners as well as sales, marketing and reservations teams
• Secure any potential trade and consumer fairs (e.g. corporate, consumer roadshows).
Managing Sales Activities
• Monitors all day to day activities of direct reports.
• Conduct daily sales calls to travel partners
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g. generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Providing leadership and guidance to local sales team
• Regional travel on product launches and training
• Attend annual Sales Conferences
• Maintains regular contact with portfolio of GSA partners, endeavours to establish new partners to increase sales profitability within the designated sales territory.
• Train General Sales Agents and agents on Insight Vacations product (worldwide).
• Report on competitor activity and other relevant market information.
• Analyzes market information by using Salesforce and implements strategy to achieve the sales
• Attends consumer events, travel fairs and travel events to maintain, build or develop key relationships with travel partners and consumers.
• Minimum 8 years proven experience working within sales and/or marketing within the Travel Industry, ideally for a multi-national brand.
• Proven successful track record for growing sales, market share and active account base in a competitive market
• Presentation Skills - able to deliver effective presentations; engage as a credible leader and an authority in the premium travel space.
• Drive for Results/Action-Oriented- able to target and achieve results, set challenging goals, show energy and react to opportunity and meet deadlines
• Negotiating- able to negotiate effectively in a positive manner, compromise and find alternate solutions, seek common ground, articulate own and others goals, stay focused on positive outcome.
• Planning and Organization- able to develop detailed sales and marketing plans, manage time, budgets and work flow.
• Customer Focus- able to build customer confidence, set achievable customer expectations, assume responsibility for solving customer problems, ensure commitments to customers are met.
• Interpersonal Savvy- able to use good listening skills, be sensitive to customers and adjust quickly to different personal styles.
• Integrity/Trust- able to deal with others in a straightforward and honest manner, be accountable for actions, maintain confidentiality and uphold company values.
• Composure/Adaptability- able to support change, encourage innovation and new ideas, handle pressure, adjust to meet changing needs, and handle conflict effectively. Digital/Technical: knowledge in digital marketing and understanding of mobile technology and how to harness for sales growth.
• Travel- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required, extensive travel is required throughout Asia.
• Thorough knowledge of travel agents
• Computer: proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
• Preferably degree qualified, however relevant experience in the travel industry will be considered also.