The CompanyOur client is a Singapore based company carrying an internationally recognised limited service brand and is fast expanding in the region.
As the Director of Sales & Marketing you will be fully responsible for Sales & Marketing, Public Relations and Revenue Management for the entire hotel (Rooms and F&B), ensuring appropriate media coverage and achievement offinancial budgets.
A high level of attention to detail for the quality, planning and acquiring of business in advance, so as to ensure exceptional guest experiences driven by knowledge of the market and those that shape it.
To lead and train a team, by showing inspirational leadership and creating self-motivation.
Specific role responsibilities but not limited to:
· To prepare the hotel’s annual sales and marketing plan
· To prepare the departmental budget that correctly reflects the hotel’s business plan
· To implement the hotel’s sales and marketing plan and execute the sales programmes and activities within it
· Spearhead the direction of all sales and marketing initiatives for the Hospitality division for the Group.
· Achieving the agreed revenue targets for the properties, coach and continue to develop a dynamic team, drive growth in business, foster
strong client relationships to secure and retain clients, as well as establish, review and implement any systems necessary to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the department.
· Improve the company's presence through the introduction of Web, Social Media and Brand development with the ability to connect with other markets segments.
· Ensure hotel meets or exceeds budgeted goals.
· Direct the Sales & Marketing team to ensure understanding of sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy for the segment.
· Works with management team to create and implement a sales and marketing plan addressing revenue, customers and the market for the segment
· Maintain and promote a team work environment with effective and clear communication amongst co-workers.
· Ensure best client service is being made available through communication amongst the team, cross training within the department and appropriate office coverage.
· Set example through professional, friendly attitude towards clients and co-workers, timely response to clients and co-workers needs and observance of sales office standard.
· Creating a focus on attracting new business.
· Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
· Responsible for the training of sales managers and staff.
· Follow and promote hotel standards with guests, co-workers.
· Evaluates and drives the hotel’s participation in the various sales channels, Market Sales, Event Booking Centres, electronic lead channels, etc.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
· To develop marketing initiatives, promotions, packages and ad campaigns to ensure successful customer response and positively impact market yield and RevPAR
· To be fully responsible for the hotel’s direct mailing list and ensure constant up-dating thereof
· To identify public relations opportunities and coordinate activities to augment the overall marketing communication strategy
· To develop strong community and public relations by maintaining hotel participation in local, regional and national tradeshows and client
· To implement and maintain informative and imaginative Social Media.
· To work with publishing houses, reviewers, bloggers and journalists to ensure timely and reviews and articles of the hotel
· To be the caretaker and ensure photography of the hotel is up to date and of a high level
· To support the General Manager by coordinating crisis communications
· To prepare the hotel’s annual rooms revenue budget
· To meet or exceed budgeted RevPAR for the hotel
· To develop with the Revenue Manager the revenue management and rate strategy initiatives to maximize revenue goals
· To accurately forecast occupancy changes based on changing market conditions (additions to supply and demand, etc.) and redirect selling
activities to maximize revenues
- Possess a minimum of 8 -years of Sales experience within the hospitality industry
- Minimum of 2-years of experience as Director of Sales & Marketing in a limited service hotel
- Experience in selling across geographical / industry markets
- Proven track record in generating revenue within a corporate sales function
- Has exposure to developing and formulating department or team revenue goals
- Wide network of contacts in relevant fields
- Minimum Diploma from a recognised hospitality or tertiary institution
- Hands on, driven and self-motivated individual who has keen sense of business acumen
- Possesses high level of integrity, respect for others and strong client focus
- Strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to persuade and obtain “buy-in” from both internal and external stakeholders
- Creative in formulating tactical and strategic sales roadmap for the team
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving abilities
- Results-oriented team player, strong leadership and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to attract, lead and develop sales team in strategic decision making and taking initiative to go beyond what is expected to achieve high performance
- Take responsibilities, engaged and own challenges
- Able to contribute an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere
- Flexibility to incorporate travel, evening and weekend work into their lifestyle
- A expert in the Korean Hospitality arena