Our client is aleading upscale resort owner, developer and operator of a number of highly acclaimed and multiple award-winning resorts and spas throughout the region. To date, they manage and/or has ownership interests in 37 resorts and hotels, 70 spas, 82 retail galleries and 3 golf courses that spread across 6 Continents and 26 Countries.
Under the general guidance and supervision of the General Manager, and adhering to the policies and
procedures as meted out by the designated Hotel and Corporate Office, the incumbent shall oversees and direct all aspects of sales activities with the objectives of bringing the hotel to market speedily and achieving RevPAR-oriented goals consistently. Such activities including but not limited to delivery of top-line budget through sales & marketing planning, promotional/tactical strategies and overall
accountability for the day-to-day effectiveness & communication of the sales force and hotel
The incumbent herein invests an average of 50%
of time on leadership:
the sales force effectively through performance-based recognition, and counsel
productively to reverse deficiencies.
good account management and servicing practices in accordance to company
· Coaches the
sales force by way of “coaching calls”.
and evaluates business objectives on a daily basis through departmental
briefings and during weekly sales meetings.
oversight for the Catering Sales Strategies in coordination with the head of
Invests an average of 20% of time on the
· Grows an active database of accounts with comprehensive profiles in coordination with
the hotels, sales force, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) team.
· Develops working relationships with Regional Marketing Offices and Sales Representations
to solicit business opportunities.
·Implements an active selling program to improve system contribution via Central
Reservations, branded and non-branded web channels and the Global Distribution
· Ensures seamless conferences and events from acquisition to delivery through the sales
force and events teams.
· Conducts familiarization trips and site-inspections proficiently.
· Cross-sells all brands globally where possible.
· Attends trade shows in related markets and overseas sales trips.
· Provides professional advisory to the Director, Sales.
Invests an average of 10% of time on
researching designated markets by:
· Directs the coordination of ongoing research of the travel industry local, regional, and
international markets to detect market trends and uncertainties, and related information
for development of new marketing strategies.
· Providing professional advisory to the ROC Heads and (Area) General Manager.
Invests an average of 20% of time on
revenue with the head of revenue management of the designated area of sales:
· Understands the dynamics of competing hotels, assigned or otherwise, to optimize positive
and reverse negative impacts on our business strategies.
· Understands the total revenue impact of accounts on the hotels for better negotiation and
yielding opportunities, and reviews business activities and its results to ensure goals are on pace.
· Produces, articulates, and implements the hotels’ sales and marketing plans effectively.
· Produces, articulates, and implements competitive pricing and selling strategies and
tactics successfully in coordination with revenue management, marketing communications, and the sales force.
· Reviews selling, convention, and city event calendars to keep abreast of all demand generators. Ensuring that each property under the purview of the incumbent utilizes all necessary demand information when planning strategies.
·Directs the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales & Marketing Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly Forecast, Marketing Budget, Lead Management, Booking Pace, Opera Reports, Sales Meetings and Marketing Meeting Minutes.
·On a quarterly basis, completes the sales and marketing audit.
- Minimum 8 Years in Hospitality Industry of similar Sales & Marketing capacity
- Minimum Diploma in Hospitality, Tourism, Business Studies or related certification
- Strong Leadership skill – with drive business and decisive /hands on to lead the team
- Strong knowledge and network in European market
- Experience in managing team members remotely
- Analytical and strategic sales approach
- Minimum 5 years of DSM experience
- Luxury resort experiences in Indian Ocean is a plus
- Position will be based in the Maldives